New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Worm sticking out of substrate.

Started by guck, July 13, 2014, 12:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guck

angelcraze

Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

guck

LOL.  Yes.  It turned out to be an earth worm.  I lost track of it then it poped up completely out of the substrate about a week later.  I removed it.  I supposed it was in the top soil I used as base layer in the tank.  I was suprised it could stay alive for so long in water.

Ruber

When you posted this I actually did a google search for about 30 minutes and came up empty handed so I never posted anything on it.

Now that I think about top soil and earth worm I feel silly lol

guck

Quote from: Ruber on August 02, 2014, 08:08:41 PM
When you posted this I actually did a google search for about 30 minutes and came up empty handed so I never posted anything on it.

Now that I think about top soil and earth worm I feel silly lol
8) I googled a lot too before and after the post.  I could have just pulled it out but I though WTH.  But interestingly enough I could not find anything mentionning the possibility of an earth worm.

angelcraze

LOL.....I thought they could only live underwater for 24 hours.  I have fed earthworms to my fish, but I chopped the big ones up.  I feed white worms and microworms also, and they live for 24 hours I think.  I found this is my tank, (check pic) I decided it was a common spider, but it was alive on the substrate like it was a crab or something.  In the second pic, that one didn't fair so good, (seperate instance about 6 months later) lol, it had BBA on his legs!!!!  Ok, the tank is in the basement, unfinished area, my house is not completely spider infested, good thing I like them..........

guck

@angelcaze.  That's pretty cool.  I like that lol.  I have lots of spiders, but they are in the pond. ;D
What is BBA by the way?

angelcraze

BBA=Black Beard Algae.  You are lucky if you don't know what that is.  Only one of my tanks broke out in this at one point, but what a PITA to deal with!!!!!!!