New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Containers for Chemicals

Started by androo303, July 22, 2014, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Does anyone know where i can find the twin neck bottles and droppers in the Ottawa area that don't cost an arm and a leg?

exv152

I've seen some of the hydroponic fertilizers sold locally come in twin neck bottles. You might want to ask places like B&B if you can order just the bottles through them. You can also find them online, usually from the places like US plastics, but the shipping tends to be more expensive than the bottles themselves. GLA sells 500ml and 1L bottles for $5 and $6, so if you plan to buy anything else from them, it would be a good chance to combine shipping costs. Not sure what you mean by droppers though? 
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

androo303

Thanks.

I'm refering to things similar to eye droppers that allow me to count the number of drops pulled from a jar or plastic container when i try to dose certain chemicals (especially Seachem Excel).

exv152

Quote from: androo303 on July 23, 2014, 01:07:38 PM
Thanks.

I'm refering to things similar to eye droppers that allow me to count the number of drops pulled from a jar or plastic container when i try to dose certain chemicals (especially Seachem Excel).

Try any pharmacy, I know they carry them for dosing liquid meds for toddlers.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

Are you talking about transfer pipettes?  If so, I found this local place.  http://www.psscientific.com/default.aspx

androo303

Thx Lucious, that was a great reference but i didn't find what i was looking for.

It is essentially this : http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/eye-dropper-bottle-isolated-white-28391596.jpg

Which i will take a look at Shoppers tonight.

Shawn84

I have a lot of those laying around in the garage send me an pm if you like
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

charlie

Andrew how many twin neck bottles do you need?

androo303

Quote from: Shawn84 on July 24, 2014, 03:25:19 PM
I have a lot of those laying around in the garage send me an pm if you like

Done (in 2 seconds).

Quote from: charlie on July 24, 2014, 07:46:59 PM
Andrew how many twin neck bottles do you need?

Looking to get two (2). 1x for macro mix and 1x for micro mix.

charlie

Quote from: androo303 on July 25, 2014, 09:12:16 AM

Looking to get two (2). 1x for macro mix and 1x for micro mix.

I think I still have a couple knocking around,  I'll check when I'm back home & let you know.
Regards

androo303

Quote from: charlie on July 25, 2014, 09:23:37 AM
I think I still have a couple knocking around,  I'll check when I'm back home & let you know.
Regards

Sounds good. I could possibly stop by either Sunday or Monday evening.

charlie

Earliest would be Wednesday.

androo303

If you have any let me know the $$.

charlie

Quote from: androo303 on July 28, 2014, 09:43:56 AM
If you have any let me know the $$.
Hey Andrew, I can let you have 2 of the 3 I found.
Use PM to finalise pick up.
Errol