New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Platty fry

Started by nat.h, July 23, 2014, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nat.h

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I have a pair of sunburst platys in my tank that had a batch of babies. I saved about 32 of them and put them into a 5 gallon tank on their own. I have been feeding them crushed up flakes several times a day but they will soon outgrow the tank, I am sure. Does anyone know of somewhere/someone that will take them this young? Big Al's wasn't interested until they are larger (understandable) but they will outgrow my spare tank before that happens.

Please help!

fischkopp

Congrats to the fry and welcome to OVAS. Looks like you have two choices: either get a bigger tank, or find a new home for the little fish. I am sure you will find a few kids if you list them for free. But on the other hand a new tank would be a lot more fun ...  ::)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

cisaisle

nat.h hi! just wondering if you still have some babies platys.... i'm willing to take six of the platys thank's