New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Green water and UV light surprised me

Started by Ruber, July 26, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruber

I was stuck with green water for 2 weeks,   tried products to clear it up,  turned the lights off for days , did multiple water changes  and nothing worked.

Ordered a power head and UV light combo for 27$ ( plus 23$ shipping and a nice UPS 18$ brokerage fee )

And 2 days later my water is crystal clear.   I am really happy with the result.   Now if only I knew this before hand I would of saved time and money.

this is what I bought , Aquatop PH-8 Powerhead With a AQUATOP UV-3 Submersible UV Lamp Combo.

Good thing is now that my water is clear I can take the UV light and replace it with a SeaPora sponge filter I bought.

Just wanted to share my experience in case someone else is stuck with green water.

:)

Ruber

I didn't take a picture when it was totally green but you couldn't see anything inside the tank.

Day 2 with UV

Day 3 with UV

Day 4 With UV even after I moved the water and tank over to new location,  Only did a 20% water change

:)