New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

High iron

Started by Pyrrolin, July 28, 2014, 12:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrrolin

I recently moved and have a well for water and it looks like the iron is fairly high which is a pain for toilets, sinks and tubs but I figure it should be good for my tanks.  Is there anything I should keep an eye on or do being on a well with hard water, high iron and who knows what else?

I plan to see about getting a full test of the water soon to find out all the levels of everything.

My plants are still trying to recover from the move/bleaching and it has been a month in my main 90 gallon.  The plants below in a 50 that were just left floating around in a dark tank for two weeks are doing just fine somehow.

Also, I keep getting a yellow tint to the water and wondering if the iron could be a part of it or if it is all just due to the new dirt I have in there.  I did toss in a little bit of carbon a week ago when I did a large wc to try to help a bit.

I am over due for new bulbs on the main tank, hopefully new ones next week along with co2 tank to get that going to.

exv152

The city of ottawa does a free well water test if you bring them a sample, and they'll give you a full analysis/report.
http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/water-and-environment/free-well-water-testing
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g