New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Shrimp Advice

Started by Jeff1192, August 02, 2014, 12:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

No the ph is stable. It's 6.5.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

So I think I finally found the solution to the random deaths I was having. It was definitely heat related with the CRS but I think I had a second problem as well. I was getting quite a bit of biofilm on the surface of the tank and I think it was inhibiting oxygen exchange. A couple of months ago I raised the spray bar so that the surface of the tank was being agitated.

It has been a few months like this now. There is no more biofilm and I haven't lost a single shrimp that I have noticed. Keeping fingers crossed that I have found the solution. Unfortunately I have lost most of the CRS I had. I hadn't wanted to add more until I was sure I had found the problem.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell