New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Severed Jaw.

Started by blueknight0303, August 19, 2014, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueknight0303

anyone got any ideas?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

when i was feeding i noticed this poor guy was just sitting on a corner and was not active like always...
i absolutely have no idea how this happened, i have no big fish here, just small tetras. maybe because of lip locking with its mate? hit a rock? chewed something hard? i honestly have no idea....

THE AUDIO MIGHT BE LOUD. ITS JUST RANDOM NOISE. MUTE FIRST BEFORE YOU WATCH. SORRY.

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/k25IFEGY5QI[/embed]

Will it heal? i hope it heals...  :'( :'( :'( :'(

blueknight0303

on my 2nd check, i realized there was baby plecos on the rocky corners... it probably got near and the pleco attacked him?  :'( :'( :'( i didnt intent to breed plecos in this tank thats why there was no pleco cave..

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

blueknight0303

try it again. i dont really know how to set up videos in youtube. sorry =P

blueknight0303

3rd day, fungus started to stick on the wound...  :'( :'( :'(

angelcraze

Oh no.  That sucks.  She should def. be in a sterile tank till that heals.  Any little pathogen will just set in there.  I've never seen that before.

I have breeding BN plecos.  Didn't intend either, but it's cool they are.  They do have a cave, where they spawn, but dad guards that profusely.  I don't know if it goes for all plecos, but I've seen the side flaps on his face (for lack of the proper name) pop open, they have little backwards hooks, and take a swim-swipe at the other fish that get too close.  Very vicious when they breed.  He even killed an older spawn when it got too close to the new brood.  Tore his ventral area open, so it could be the plecos.

What are you going to do with your EB ram?  Do you have a hospital tank, or will you treat the whole tank?

My male EB chases the female after a spawn, or right before they do, relentlessly, and I've seen angelfish lock lips, but the injury is usually a little lip scar tissue, not the whole jaw.  I am sorry, poor girl, hope she's ok.  
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

blueknight0303

shes gone now, fungus took over the whole side of rotting flesh, i put her in my planted shrimp tank but didnt last. she cant open her mouth because of the injury. tried feeding her with micro food but didnt work because she cant suck in water as well.