New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plantacholic gathering

Started by charlie, August 20, 2014, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Ok so going by what everyone is saying - i vote for Nov 2nd, the sunday. Does that work?
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Quote from: daworldisblack on October 19, 2014, 04:49:55 PM
Ok so going by what everyone is saying - i vote for Nov 2nd, the sunday. Does that work?

Works for me.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

charlie

pm

wolfiewill

I'm in, too. Sundays are fine. Great!
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

daworldisblack

Awesome! Lets say 2PM? I will be PM'ing everyone with the address soon!

Got Fish?

Will it still be rocking after 4pm Id like to swing by after I close  ;D

silentdan

I'd be interested in joining if it's on the 2nd of November.

daworldisblack

Awesome! Details are as follows:

Nov 2nd @ 2PM - Meadowlands/Fisher Area
Will PM folks with the Address closer to the date

Interested Members:
exv152
Holly
lucius
charlie
pm
wolfiewill
Got Fish?
silentdan

Its a nice sized group! We used to trade plants and any aquarium-related goods so maybe if there is still interest in that, folks can post what they're thinking of bringing for trade or sale. If there is interest, we can bring them. Also, we can do a presentation or a demo - what are people interested in? Suggest topics and we can figure out something!

charlie

Quote from: daworldisblack on October 23, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
Awesome! Details are as follows:

Nov 2nd @ 2PM - Meadowlands/Fisher Area
Will PM folks with the Address closer to the date

Interested Members:
exv152
Holly
lucius
charlie
pm
wolfiewill
Got Fish?
silentdan

Its a nice sized group! We used to trade plants and any aquarium-related goods so maybe if there is still interest in that, folks can post what they're thinking of bringing for trade or sale. If there is interest, we can bring them. Also, we can do a presentation or a demo - what are people interested in? Suggest topics and we can figure out something!
The folks who are now starting or thinking of planted tanks, this is a perfect opportunity to get first hand info on a one on one basis, of course others who have being in the hobby & would like to meet other like minded hobbyist to share your experience in all aspects of Planted aquarium, come join us.
Regards

daworldisblack

OK PM'ed the list of current attendees - if you are interested and are not on the list, PM me and I'll ping you the details. Again, if there are any topics you'd like for any of us to cover, we can accommodate that - there are enough sages and demi-gods as well as seasoned amateurs amongst this group for us to do whatever.

In the past we've covered:

- Vinyl backing for Aquariums
- co2 reg builds

And some others that are not coming to mind right now under pressure. Maybe some of you can share anything related to your experiences? LED lighting? Maybe a Tank Journal or two with pictures and what you did, where it was when you started, where its at now? Eric's cube come to mind ;) Options are all wide open!

We also have traded plants and dry goods previously so if you would like to bring anything, please post it on here and if anyone is interested, you can bring it with you. 

charlie

Quote from: daworldisblack on October 30, 2014, 01:01:47 AM
OK PM'ed the list of current attendees - if you are interested and are not on the list, PM me and I'll ping you the details. Again, if there are any topics you'd like for any of us to cover, we can accommodate that - there are enough sages and demi-gods as well as seasoned amateurs amongst this group for us to do whatever.

In the past we've covered:

- Vinyl backing for Aquariums
- co2 reg builds

And some others that are not coming to mind right now under pressure. Maybe some of you can share anything related to your experiences? LED lighting? Maybe a Tank Journal or two with pictures and what you did, where it was when you started, where its at now? Eric's cube come to mind ;) Options are all wide open!

We also have traded plants and dry goods previously so if you would like to bring anything, please post it on here and if anyone is interested, you can bring it with you. 
How about understanding CO2?

lucius

Don't forget to push you clocks back this weekend otherwise you'll be early.  ;D

Dxpert

Sorry to say but I'll be out of town this weekend. I can't make it.

Have fun!

lucius

I have some java fern plantlets and clumps of needle leaf fern if anyone is interested.

missavgp

Depending on how things go this weekend I might be able to make it. I'm going to try. :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

daworldisblack

Quote from: missavgp on October 30, 2014, 08:54:34 PM
Depending on how things go this weekend I might be able to make it. I'm going to try. :)

Hope to see you there! You have my address still? Let me know otherwise!

Personally I'm looking for some Blyxia Japonica if anyone has extra :)

pm

Rah beat me to it!

I too am looking for a few Blyxia Japonica plants, and if anyone has any a starter cutting or two of Alternanthera reineckii 'mini'.

I can bring some emersed HC Cuba.