New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plantacholic gathering

Started by charlie, August 20, 2014, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

unfortunately I don`t have as much blyxa as before, I will however try to muster a plant or 2 .
I can offer some pgostoman Helferi , if interested PM me for details

lucius

I have some blyxa and would be interested in trading for some HC cuba.  I think I have enough for both rah and pm.

lucius

Would also be interested in other types of medium light foreground plants.

Got Fish?

I'll b bringing the 1.2 grow plants I have so you guys can look them over.

charlie

Quote from: Got Fish? on November 01, 2014, 09:36:21 AM
Good news

charlie

anyone have bobitis ??
& can bring it tomorrow

daworldisblack

Quote from: Got Fish? on November 01, 2014, 09:36:21 AM

Awesome! If you still have some spider driftwood pieces, bring some too :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

Quote from: charlie on November 01, 2014, 09:53:15 PM
anyone have bobitis ??
& can bring it tomorrow

I may be able to spare some Errol - but i have some BBA issues in that tank so if anyone else is able to provide some, i guess you'll also have a second source.

lucius

I quick dip in an Excel/water bath should nuke the BBA.

daworldisblack

Quote from: lucius on November 02, 2014, 10:46:19 AM
I quick dip in an Excel/water bath should nuke the BBA.

Agreed - works every time!

charlie

Thanks for hosting Rah, good food   :), good company, great time.
Lets do this again before the Xmas season , any takers?
Errol

lucius

Thanks daworldisblack.  :)

If no one minds coming out to Orleans, I can host the next one, Dec 7th?

Holly

I had a great time too, definitely looking forward to the next one. Thanks for hosting!

daworldisblack

Thanks for all who attended! My tanks are all humble to some of yours' but the company was definitely awesome and it was good chatting with everyone! Thanks David @ gotFish? for bringing out some of the Tropica drugs ;)

exv152

Quote from: lucius on November 02, 2014, 08:10:53 PM
Thanks daworldisblack.  :)
If no one minds coming out to Orleans, I can host the next one, Dec 7th?

Great, Decemeber 7 works for me, and Orleans is nowhere near as far as say Kanata.

Quote from: daworldisblack on November 02, 2014, 09:20:14 PM
Thanks for all who attended! My tanks are all humble to some of yours' but the company was definitely awesome and it was good chatting with everyone! Thanks David @ gotFish? for bringing out some of the Tropica drugs ;)

Thanks for hosting us all, I had a good time, had I not had to pick up my son I would've stuck around a bit more.  See you Sunday. 
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Thanks for hosting. And except for the 'science denyers', it was a great crowd - good conversation and great discussions. Looking forward to the next one. Orleans is fine. If anyone wants a ride and I'm able to go, I'll pick up as I pass through town. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Got Fish?

Quote from: daworldisblack on November 02, 2014, 09:20:14 PM

The least I could do right??? I had a great time but think more people should take advantage of this great group. Nice regulator Charlie!!! I would like at least one other salty member there next time to back me up lol. See you guys next time. ;)

aciport

Just out of curiosity, how many people attended?

charlie

Quote from: aciport on November 04, 2014, 12:48:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many people attended?
I think we had around 10 people, the core group is around 12-15.
This was started as a loosely organised gathering for all planted tank hobbyist where we can talk hobby, without our spouses & partners giving you that look, it also serves as a great opportunity to get one on one info as we all have different approaches to the same goal.
The goal is to start having them more frequently with a bit more structure to it , as David said more hobbyist should take advantage of these gatherings.

aciport

Sound great. Let me know when the next one will be. Maybe I can offer some assistance from a distance. ;)