New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Retailer on notice, eh.

Started by wolfiewill, August 25, 2014, 08:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

Here is a link to an interesting article in the latest PFK newsletter. Nathan Hill is a long time writer for PFK and is well respected in the planted tank hobby in the UK and Europe. He say nothing that I haven't heard in any of the Plantaholics gatherings I've attended in the last couple of years, he just articulates it so well.... and of course puts it into print, too.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=6479&utm_source=PFK_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=August_15_2014&utm_term=Adapt_or_die,_retailers!&utm_content=html
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

So true , we have talked about this for a while
What did Martin Luther King say .......... I have a .......
another thing we have discussed is   retailers need to educate , something the big box online & brick and mortar lacks

exv152

We have talked about this at great length, and to add to that, when I go to my LFS I like to have access to products that are the latest and greatest in the hobby, as well as a better selection of livestock and plants. Planted tanks have taken off internationally, and rare plants, micro fish and shrimp have become part of that trend. A boutique style shop with showtanks to inspire, and a place to have a coffee and meet other hobbyists, would be ideal.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Hey, guys..... the offer still stands! Remember what we talked about soooooo many times. If we looked at the article carefully, the whole shop philosophy is right there. And we - together - have all the right ideas.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain