New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello everyone. New to ovas

Started by Lehner, September 12, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lehner

Hi my name is robin, I'm from sweden but live in ottawa.

Thought that ill join the site and se how it goes. Bare with my english and ill do the best i can:)

well i decided to get in to the hobby about six month ago because i love fish and i used to scuba dive in the red sea every summer and i miss seeing marine fish.

well now im six month in and ive started to get to know all the great guys that works in the fish stores from Big als kanata to Aquavalley, Marinescape and Got fish. Everyone is very helpful. I'm also fortunate to have alot of help from Andrew that helps me and teaches me with all my projects and tanks. My friend Kyle also helps me a lot.

I ike peoples opinions and feel free to say what you think and like everyone in this addictive hobby you always run in to problems.

well im six month in and i currently have
1x 180 gallon freshwater planted tank with alot of different fish including freshwater eels and rope fish.

1x 125 gallon piranha tank

2x 75 gallon saltwater tanks. one with 1 Scribbled puffer and one Porcupine puffer and a Niger trigger for now.

The other one is a reef that is slowly turning in to a anemone tank with clown fish and 1 Flame hawkfish, Leopard wrasse, 2 andarines, Pinkface wrasse,2 purple fire fish and a yellow watchman goby. i have around 15 anemones in there and im working of getting the other coral out to another one.

1x 120 gallon cube that has 1 picasso trigger, 2 groupers and a blue ribbon eel.

1x 50 gallon cube with coral and 2 percula clowns, 1 small yellow tang and 1 small hippo tang.

1x75 gallon cube witch holds 2 big anglers and 1 volitan lionfish for now. im waiting for my mimic octopus to arrive.

Im currently setting up a fish room with alot of holding tanks and quarantine tanks and some breeding tanks and a few for breeding live food.

I got a 450 gallon tank coming soon so thats gonna be exiting and im looking forward to get some advice.

currently in quarantine is a majestic fox face and a queen angel.

I currently waiting for 1 panda puffer,1 Arothron Puffer , 2 dragon eels, 1 mimic octopus, 1 Harlequin Tusk, emperor angel, regal angel and a few more anemones.

looking forward to talk to you guy and fallow everyones projects.:)

charlie

Welcome to OVAS, seems like quite the addiction  :), please do share pictures etc of your ongoing projects, especially your planted one  :P, as that is where my passion in the hobby is.
Regards

Stussi613

Welcome to OVAS buddy, can't wait till the folks here get to see some of your tanks and the projects you are working on...people are going to be amazed!

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

Lehner

Quote from: charlie on September 12, 2014, 10:18:49 PM
Welcome to OVAS, seems like quite the addiction  :), please do share pictures etc of your ongoing projects, especially your planted one  :P, as that is where my passion in the hobby is.
Regards
i will post pics in a few days. really like planted tanks too:)

lucius

guck

Welcome!!
I would like to see a 450G planted  8)

daworldisblack

welcome onboard! :) Looking forward to the pics and the firshroom!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ftan

Do you live on the quebec side:free water and cheaper electricity!
75g  congo tertas
        columbian tetras
        torpedo barbs
        tinfoil barbs

10g planted
pair of killifish

Lehner

Jeff1192

Looking forward to seeing that planted tank! You'll have to post some pictures when you get a chance.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ajm1961

Welcome to our club!
It is pleasure to have you on board - can't wait to see pics of your tank.
Any plans for African Cichlids? :P

And best of luck to you this coming season - betcha can't wait to start.

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

exv152

Not bad for only being 6 months in the hobby. I have a few high tech planted tanks with co2 etc, and one of them is a 125g.  If you need help with your planted tanks, don't hesitate to just ask, the planted tank community is strong on ovas and always willing to help out. Go sens go!
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sas

Hi and welcome to OVAS :).
Really looking forward to seeing all your tanks.

Dxpert

Welcome! The tanks sound awesome. When will you post a few pic's?

Lehner

Quote from: Dxpert on September 16, 2014, 07:20:31 AM
Welcome! The tanks sound awesome. When will you post a few pic's?
i will try to have pics done for friday. :)

robt18

Welcome! Hopefully your tanks don't get neglected during the season like mine do :P

Lehner

Here are some pictures of a few of my tanks.  I will start with my 180g planted tank.  This was the first tank that I got when moving into Ottawa.  We are planning to change the gravel out for black substrate and to grow some ground cover plants, as well as to attach some moss to the top of the caves and rocks.  There are allot of fish and eels in this tank, my friend Stuart is just finishing a video we did when they were feeding and I will post the link to it as soon as it is finished.

Lehner

Here are some pictures of my 120G cube tank.  This one is pretty new.  It's going to be a predator/growout tank for when my big 450G tank arrives.  Right now there is a ribbon eel, a grouper, a trigger and some other new arrivals in it, some of the fish in the pictures have been moved out into holding tanks for the time being.

SlyAngel

Very nice tanks, you did a great job! You should post some pictures in the monthly contest  :)
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

Jeff1192

17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell