New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Light

Started by androo303, September 17, 2014, 06:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Errol, what was the shop you mentioned the other day that had cheap lights for aquariums? I think i need more intensity as i am running 6700k 30" Coralife bulb...

lucius

I know that they've mentioned Brite Lite a few times at the Plantaholics meetings.

wrm130

Yup brite lite had bulbs for 10$ last i checked

Mike L

Buchannan lighting sells 6500k 48" bulbs. 7.95 I believe is what I paid last time. They are ge.

exv152

Are you looking for regular T5NO or T5HO bulbs?

Brite lite carries T5HO in 24, 36 & 48" lengths, not 30.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

androo303

I'm looking to up the intensity of my lighting in hopes that the BBA is because by not enough light and too much CO2/fert.

charlie

Quote from: androo303 on September 23, 2014, 08:37:35 AM
I'm looking to up the intensity of my lighting in hopes that the BBA is because by not enough light and too much CO2/fert.
The Light strips are from Brite light hydroponics.
My way of thinking the BBA is not a result of your intensity, that said what do you have now for lights & size of tank etc..
instead of too much CO 2, it would be more like too little & inconsistent CO2 levels.
Should start a thread with all the data on your tank, lights, substrate, co2, plants, rock , wood, Plants, fertilizer etc

Errol

lucius

I've been battling BBA for awhile now.  Raised the light, reduced light period, replaced bulbs, tried different spectrum bulbs, extra excel dosing with no effect.  It wasn't until I installed an inline CO2 diffusor when my BBA started to go away.  I still have some bad spots but it's not as bad as before.  As charlie mentioned, the Fluval CO2 disk I was using previously wasn't giving out a consistent output. 

exv152

I agree with everyone, increasing the lights won't help, if anything it will aggravate the problem and you'll get more algae.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

androo303

Roger. I will start pulling readings from the system in the upcoming days and posting in a new threat.

Thread Creep... I have my CO2 on a timer to turn on/off just before my lights. Bad? Good? Indifferent?