New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Unexpected trip to Montreal

Started by Jeff1192, September 18, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

Today I ended up going to Montreal unexpectedly so I used it as an excuse to detour to Quebec-cichlides.com in Laval.  What an absolutely amazing store with amazing quality fish. Thanks to Mike L for the tip. Next time I'll plan the trip in advance Mike and we'll go!  

So I ended up picking up:

5 pseudotropheus acei iTunes ....haha itunji. Damn auto correct
5 F1 pseudotropheus elongatus cheered

They're acclimatize with a drip line right now.

Can't wait to get them in the Tank!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

robt18

Mike L

I'm sitting on a 100.00 gift card since Christmas but the minimum ship order is 150.00. I have no more room for fish but what I want and that comes to less then 100.00. That's why I'm waiting on fellow hobbyists to join me  in an order. They have mostly wild caught and F-1 plus a salt section as well. again if anybody is interested let me know.
Mike

Jeff1192

Quote from: robt18 on September 18, 2014, 04:34:07 PM
Always wanted some Acei iTunes...

Once again I fall victim to auto correct. Fixed the original post. Haha

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Graham

Hey Jeff what was the price you ended up paying for everyone? was it a good deal for the fish or were you paying out a bit more for quality?

Mike L

There fish are f-0 or f-1 and they have stuff you will not find in this city. Here is a link. just click on the lake of choice and browse the list. Hi-lighted fish have pics and you can Google the rest. It is $30.00 a box shipped and the delivery is next day.  You can also call and the staff are very knowledgeable.

http://www.quebec-cichlides.com/en/freshwater.php

Regards Mike

Jeff1192

As Mike said theyre a little pricier but phenomenal quality fish. Like nothing you'll see in most fish stores. The elongatus chewere were $15 each and the acei itunji were 12 if I remember right. Super knowledgeable staff as well. I was really impressed and the variety is unreal.

- George Orwell

sanny

I'm planning on heading out Sunday to the store  :D

Mike L

Why not just order and save the gas

robt18

This way you get to see them all and pick your fave! And good poutine :)

And...... ROOOOAD TRIIIIP!

sanny