New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

betta albimarginata

Started by missavgp, September 20, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missavgp

I just wanted to share some pictures of my new betta albimarginatas. They are a mouthbrooding betta which can be kept in pairs or groups with a higher male than female ratio. I have 3 males and one female.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

charlie

Thanks for sharing, I have to admit I have never heard about these Bettas until you mentioned them to me.
They are some nice looking fish ,hope you are successful in breeding them  & I will be first in line to buy  ;D
Errol

Shawn84

Great looking fish. I had them before. You'll really like the color once breeding start. Good luck with breeding
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

daworldisblack

Wow! I am in at #2 if you got some breedings going on :p
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Great looking fish, really like the colour patterns.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

Nice fish. I had considered them before, but didn't have space for them. Hope you get them to breed for you. Where did you find them?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

missavgp

Thanks everyone. I'll make list and hope that they cooperate  ;).  I actually had to order them in from the Wetspot in Portland, Oregan cause I couldn't find them any closer.

Shawn84

There was a group Order out of Toronto just a few month ago for all rare and wild betta.
A bunch a fishes.....

missavgp

yes there was, but I wasn't about to pay $567 per fish when I could get four for much less than that shipped to me. I actually talked to them about that order.

missavgp

Sorry, read that back and it read as really abrupt. That wasn't how I meant it. I did look in to that order, but found that price to be out of line with all the others I found, including to import them from Thailand. They told me that it was the price from their supplier and they were a little taken aback by how much some of them were.

Shawn84

Yup certainly some of those fish went up in price. I was really surprise to see that the albimarginata was higher price point then the macrostoma betta. The reason I got the albimarginata instead of the macrostoma was price. Feed them well and soon enough you'll have plenty of little guys swimming around. Fry are a bit more harder to raise then the halfmoon but that's a different story.

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....

missavgp

So it turned out that the four that I received were all male, however I was able to get two sexed pairs from someone else who also gave me an additional female. I just got the new five on Tuesday and they are spawning right now! I'll try and get some pictures to post.

missavgp

The female held and then ate the eggs from their first attempt, however when I checked this morning I found the male with a mouth full of eggs!

missavgp

daworldisblack

Congrats! So excited for ya!

missavgp

So my male spit out 12 babies today!  ;D  And I have another male who has been holding for a week tomorrow.

daworldisblack

Congrats! Let me know if you still wanted to drop by for a culture of the 'live water' and that bag of hay! I hope these guys do well for you!

missavgp

Thanks!. yes I do, sorry I didn't get back yet. I kinda got sidetracked with some stuff with the kids (human ones not fish ones lol)

mm

How are these guys doing? Would love to see some pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

missavgp

I'll post some later today, my computer is down right now. They are doing great though and I have three spawns growing out and another on the way. :)