New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic Gardeners Association Convention

Started by wolfiewill, October 16, 2014, 04:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

I am going to the AGA convention in Washington, DC in April and am trying to determine how I'm going to get there. If enough people are interested and wish to share gasoline costs, I would consider driving. Options include flying and train, but I haven't investigated either at the moment. Details on the convention are not available yet so here is the only bit of info I can share.

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/convention.html
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

wolfiewill

Great! This will be one heck of a road trip. Two is enough to offset any gasoline vs flight costs, so three is great. I can take one more person only. I ball park the cost based on 18 hours of driving (return) to be a little more than double a trip to Toronto: So say about $300 max (and gas prices are going down). Now we need to decide on dates. The block of rooms saved at the hotel run from April 6 to 14 but the conventions is on the 10 to 12th. Should we go down a day or two earlier and do the tourist thing? What stuff is there to see? What do you guys want to see and do while we're there? I'd like to firm the dates up asap in order to book soon. Even with only two of us it's still cheaper to drive.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!