New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Potassium sulphate hunt.

Started by guck, October 17, 2014, 11:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guck

I think I exhausted all resource I could find.
Seen some threads here about B&B hydroponics.  Paid a visit there, got some potassium phosphate and nitrate, but no sulphate. 
Tried to order online to places like Fisher Scientific, CanadaWide, BioShopCanada, and all sell only to corporations, universities, hospitals.  CanadaWide has a minimum order of 100$ so I did not pursue that further...

Anyone, any hint?

exv152

David at got fish might have some or try http://www.theplantguy.org/PlantGuys-Potassium-Sulphate-K2SO4-_p_127.html, or scroll down the page on http://www.canadianaquatics.com/equipment/equipment.htm both are Canadian sources. Also try both B&B locations in Ottawa, they do carry it from time to time, I've bought quite a few times from them.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Are you sure B&Bdoes not have it? maybe it is labelled - sulphate of Potash
Potassium sulfate (K2SO4) (in British English potassium sulphate, also called sulphate of potash
Errol

lucius

I've ordered from The Plant Guy before and they are very quick.  It was a $15 shipping charge for about $40 worth of ferts though.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on October 17, 2014, 01:00:31 PM
Are you sure B&Bdoes not have it? maybe it is labelled - sulphate of Potash
Potassium sulfate (K2SO4) (in British English potassium sulphate, also called sulphate of potash
Errol
My hunch was right, they have it labelled as Sulphate of potash 500 grms approx. 4.75
Regards

guck

Really? ???
The guy mentionned the changing of store location as of Nov by giving me a sheet with a note to that effect but never said there was another store. 

Maybe I was just distracted, I think he might have mentionned potash.  I should have asked to see the container.

I will go again I suppose and check that other location as of curiosity.

Thanks.

exv152

Quote from: guck on October 18, 2014, 08:26:28 AM
The guy mentionned the changing of store location as of Nov by giving me a sheet with a note to that effect but never said there was another store.

Actually there's just the one location, I got it mixed up with another store. But they do carry sulphate of potash, they label it as container #2 out of 6.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

guck

Well, the "other location" is the warehouse, located on Limebank.  And looks like that's where they are consolidating their operation according to the son.  The father is trying to expend the G.E.T. brand.  So my understanding is that in Nov, the Woodward location will close.

Anyway I have pretty much the full potassium collection.  Phosphate, nitrate and sulfate.  I will probably never use the phosphate nor the nitrate.

And for the record, #6 is micronutrients, #3 is nitrate, phosphate and sulfate are not numbered.  Old stock? maybe.

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

nemo14

I got mine from the plant guy in Winnipeg good price and about a week to get.

guck

Quote from: nemo14 on November 28, 2014, 02:21:15 PM
I got mine from the plant guy in Winnipeg good price and about a week to get.
Actually found this out a couple of days ago.  Will probably order some plants from there if weather doesn't get too nasty too fast.