New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Build your own co2 2 stage regulator

Started by charlie, October 20, 2014, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

charlie

Just finished this one for a buddy in Waterloo.
Brand new Air gas  2 stage brass chrome plated regulator
Brand new Stainless Burkert solenoid
Brand new Hoke metering valve
Brand new bubble counter

charlie

Got the bug again & just received another 2 stage regulator, this one will be all brass  ;D
will update as I start to put it together.
Concoa brass 2 stage, Burkert brass 6011 solenoid, Hoke millimite1300 brass metering valve & brass fittings :P

lucius

I actually haven't done anything with mine yet.  I emailed Sempress for parts on the solenoid and they ignored me.

exv152

Quote from: charlie on February 10, 2015, 08:21:09 PM
Got the bug again & just received another 2 stage regulator, this one will be all brass  ;D
will update as I start to put it together.
Concoa brass 2 stage, Burkert brass 6011 solenoid, Hoke millimite1300 brass metering valve & brass fittings :P

What are you planning for the bubble counter?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: lucius on February 10, 2015, 09:52:55 PM
I actually haven't done anything with mine yet.  I emailed Sempress for parts on the solenoid and they ignored me.
You should PM Dexpert, he was offering one to Wolfiewill, maybe he can help you.
If that fails let me know.
Errol

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on February 10, 2015, 10:00:34 PM
What are you planning for the bubble counter?
I have a JBL style bubble counter on the way, I can use, but I much prefer the in line bubble counters, located away from the reg & as close as possible to the source of injection with 2 redundant check valves.
Errol.
P.S.The regulator was tested overnight & still holding pressure this morning = passed  ;)

charlie

charlie

Parts from my loot bag, that I can use on this build

exv152

Quote from: charlie on February 11, 2015, 07:41:03 AM
I have a JBL style bubble counter on the way, I can use, but I much prefer the in line bubble counters, located away from the reg & as close as possible to the source of injection with 2 redundant check valves.
Errol.
P.S.The regulator was tested overnight & still holding pressure this morning = passed  ;)

In-line BC is the way to go. What kind/brand do you personally prefer? 
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on February 11, 2015, 05:57:44 PM
In-line BC is the way to go. What kind/brand do you personally prefer? 
I personally like these in either metal or plastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4mfXI08FDk#t=28
But for now I`m using the Glass ADA style simply because it is readily available locally.

charlie

I`ve completed the build with the exception of terminating the connection from metering valve to diffuser or other. I need to decide if I`m going to sell it or hoard it lol, most likely I will post it for sale.
I will post the step by step pictures later , as I`m too tired to be bothered with it right now.
Errol

charlie

The first thing I did was remove the CGA 580 nut & Nipple, this was replaced with a CGA 320 nut & nipple, the standard CO2 connection in North America.

charlie

Next I removed the shut off valve on the output  port of the regulator & replaced it with a  1/4 " NPT to 1/8 NPT reducing nipple, all fittings hereafter is 1/8' NPT.

charlie

Then I removed the blow off valve & replaced it with a 1/4'NPT hollow plug, the only benefit to doing this  is a less cluttered look, the blow off valve can be left if desired but it`s not an absolute requirement for our low pressure use.

charlie

Then  attaching the first 1/8" NPT 90 degree elbow to the reducer nipple.
Followed by attaching the burkert solenoid
second 90 degree elbow to the output of the solenoid
Then the Hoke metering valve to the female 1/8'" port of the elbow.

charlie

A few things to note: the configuration of the solenoid & needle valve is the way I like it, there are a few different ways to do it.
All threaded joints were sealed with Teflon tape.
As before if anyone wants to attempt a project like this, do not be afraid it`s easier than it looks, I`m willing to help point you in the direction for parts & any other help that I can offer as time permits.
Errol
The finished product - now to sell or not to sell ;D

charlie

Someone was asking me about chrome CGA 320 nipple & nut.
I have a friend in the US who is about to order some & is willing to get a few for me. So if you read this contact me , if anyone else is interested contact me.
Errol

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie