New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Build your own co2 2 stage regulator

Started by charlie, October 20, 2014, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

zolta

Quote from: charlie on February 11, 2015, 07:41:03 AM
I have a JBL style bubble counter on the way, I can use, but I much prefer the in line bubble counters, located away from the reg & as close as possible to the source of injection with 2 redundant check valves.
Errol.
P.S.The regulator was tested overnight & still holding pressure this morning = passed  ;)

Errol,
what is a JBL style bubble counter?
65 gal tall planted

charlie

Quote from: zolta on March 14, 2015, 01:14:35 PM
Errol,
what is a JBL style bubble counter?
It`s just like the Milwaukee but with a Brass bottom & integrated check valve, They are numerous knock offs on e bay & our local sponsor Critter Jungle carry one of the JBL style .

lucius

Finally got all my parts.  ;D  Big thanks to charlie for his help and sourcing parts.

My first one.  I'm thinking about redoing the needle valve because it just seems off.

My second one.  This one looks better IMO because I think the regulator and gauges are bigger with a smaller needle valve.

charlie

Thanks for sharing , you are now an official member of the 2 stage pimp club  ;D

exv152

I like the look of the brass 2stage, & the parts should be a lot cheaper and easier to come by locally.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

The brass one included the CGA320 fitting surprisingly.