New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Is this ich?

Started by martin_jones, October 20, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin_jones

Hi,

I have a tang that has been in the aquarium for about 6 years.

Recently, I have noticed some white spots on his side - is it ich, something else, or just old age?

Martin
With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

Got Fish?

yes it is but happens with hippo tangs lots. path of the course keeping them. it comes and goes.

Philnashbass

I had it happen to two of my Hippo's in two separate tanks at the same time of year this past spring. I put them both in hypo salinity for two months and I have seen mild signs of it yet again on one of the hippos this past week in one of my tanks. The other tank mates don't seem to be affected.
As previously stated...it seems to come a go, but I would keep a good eye on everyone else in the tank.
Good luck.
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral