New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

blue dolphin on death row :(

Started by Graham, October 29, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Fins are minorly shred. but there is a large red circular area which I presume is its anus.  It isn't swimming upright, I currently have it in a ten gallon with salt and melafix and sponge filter. Is there any use keeping it alive? I'm fearing it's malawi bloat. The fish is not any larger than usual, just a large red area before the anal fin.

Mike L

It is worth keeping alive if for no other reason then to learn and maybe get lucky. Having said that when you are sure your efforts are not helping then yes euthanasia.
What kind of salt. It should be  partially salt with iodine and Epson salt as this is a natural laxative. Increase temp to about 80-81 and increase your aeration. The increased temp will help speed the metabolism in your fish and   speed up the disease life span as well. Also turn off all lights and cover the tank to shut out light. This will decrease stress somewhat.  You would be wise to start feeding the fish in the tank it came from with medicated foods as well plus do a couple water changes over the next week. Good luck.
Mike