New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

11G Cad Lights Zen

Started by pm, November 08, 2014, 10:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm

I haven't posted a tank shot or update in a while so...
Here is my 11 gallon CAD Lights Zen tank.  I did the dry start method for the HC, which commenced in late August, and then flooded the tank after 2 weeks.

HC has been growing just fine, but I have made some changes to the background plants (currently using Blyxa Japonica from Errol... thanks!).

None of these shots were meant to be "show" shots, so excuse the dirty pipes, heater, etc.

Setup is pretty basic:
Fluval Stratum
23W daylight CF bulb in ikea lamp  8)
Eheim 2213 with acrylic pipes (thinking of going glass here)
DIY CO2 (acid and baking soda method) fed into the filter intake
Currently only housing Cherry Shrimp, but will probably change to other type soon.
Cheers!

daworldisblack

nice! Its good to finally get a peek at this project you talked about! What kinda rocks you have in there? And what kinda shrimps were you thinking? Crystal?
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

pm

Quote from: daworldisblack on November 08, 2014, 11:53:01 AM
What kinda rocks you have in there?

Whatever the locally available equivalent of Seiryu stones are.

Quote from: daworldisblack on November 08, 2014, 11:53:01 AM
And what kinda shrimps were you thinking?

Not sure yet.  I liked my crystals when I had them, but I would have to swap out the rocks in the tank as they do push the tank in the alkaline direction.  I am thinking of keeping with the neos, maybe pick up some bloody mary's or at least PFR the next time I am in Toronto.

Jeff1192

Wow that looks awesome....pretty good for "non-show" shots!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

sas

Ditto that tank looks great. Looking forward to seeing what you decide.

charlie

I had the opportunity to see this tank in person & the pictures does not do it justice.
Great job Peter.
Errol

exv152

Great job Peter, I love your tank
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

pm

Hey everyone, in spirit of sharing here is an update of my now resurrected 11G low-iron shrimp tank.  It is a bit of an experiment at the moment.  Using my old single 23w CFL bulb and DIY CO2 (acid – vinegar – and baking soda).  I want to make sure I am up for another high-tech tank before I make investments in an additional pressurized CO2 system and LEDs. 

Most of the plants are from my 90cm tank, but so far so good.

I wasn't sure if the single bulb would be enough light, but proof is in the pudding as the rotala seems to like it.  :)

tanksalot360

This looks great! It looks really clean. Is there moss on the stones in the centre?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charlie

Really nice Peter, so many well done planted tanks around.

pm

Thanks guys.  Yeah it is moss in the middle, but the moss was not doing so well in my other tank so it is browned.  If it does not bounce back it will be pulled.  The tank was just started a couple of weeks ago, so it is going through growing pains.