New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Christmas Bowling!

Started by robt18, November 18, 2014, 01:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Hello OVASers!

After last year's good times with the Christmas bowling, we decided to not mess with a good thing and schedule it again for this year.  We are booked in for...

Walkley Bowling Centre
2092 Walkley Road (near Walkley and Conroy)
Monday, December 1 at 7:00pm

The cost is:
Members (and their family if they have a family membership): $5.00 per person
Non-members: $8.00 per person

This includes 2 games of bowling and shoe rental. We will also have prizes, and a number of will be visiting the Fireside Pub (attached to the bowling alley) after the event for food and drinks.

Please let us know if you can make it out and how many people you will be bringing! We would like to have a firm number by Thursday, November 27

We hope to see you there!

sidarnold

Got Fish?

Nienna

robt18

I'll be there with the girlfriend.

limmer

limed

Holly

ajm1961

LAST DAY TO LET US KNOW IF YOU'RE COMING!
Put your name up today!

Rob: count me and Sylvie in. Also about 4 people from  the last meeting had signed up, so count them in the total.

So far: we're about 15
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

I am going to try to make but may not be able to Anniversary and wife birthday and Daughter birthday are bookends for the bowling date.

So I am going to try to make it... just may not work out.

Bruce

SlyAngel

It would be nice to see you Bruce, it's been a while but family comes first!

:)
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

Shawn84

Count me in as tentative. If im in town i will pop by.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

charlie

I`ll be there around 9 ish for the fireside pub post bowling activities :D

ajm1961

Thanks to all that participated tonight!
Gave away three gift certificates at Got Fish? and grab bags from Zoo Med, and plates of munchies from the Fireside Grill. Had a good time - some of us need more practice on the lanes (right David?). John hit a high of 196 though!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 01, 2014, 10:31:58 PM
Thanks to all that participated tonight!
Gave away three gift certificates at Got Fish? and grab bags from Zoo Med, and plates of munchies from the Fireside Grill. Had a good time - some of us need more practice on the lanes (right David?). John hit a high of 196 though!

Here is proff David did awesome (at least once) ;)

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/9y72maaYVCM[/embed]

charlie

Quote from: bitterman on December 02, 2014, 07:28:24 AM
Here is proff David did awesome (at least once) ;)

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/9y72maaYVCM[/embed]
was that video edited to insert the strike  :P
Thanks for organising this guys, even though I missed the bowling part , the social aspect was great!
Special word of thanks to David & Got Fish ? for their continuous support to the club.

bitterman

LOL actually it was pretty funny. No video editing in this case other than the captions. Davey was missing... and shooting a ton of gutter balls. I said watch this I will video this and he will get a strike.. and it happened. Was so funny... he quadrupled his score with 1 strike!!!!

That being said his score was much higher than mine. Both rounds for me were zero.

Bruce

Got Fish?

You guys are funny!! It's harder to hit 5 pins with a small ball than 10 with a bigger ball. You Canadians are funny...... It was a good night and a shame more people couldn't make it. There's always next year. I need to start practicing  ;D

charlie

Quote from: Got Fish? on December 02, 2014, 01:04:07 PM
You guys are funny!! It's harder to hit 5 pins with a small ball than 10 with a bigger ball. You Canadians are funny...... It was a good night and a shame more people couldn't make it. There's always next year. I need to start practicing  ;D
:)

Stussi613

Quote from: charlie on December 02, 2014, 07:41:23 AM
was that video edited to insert the strike  :P

Probably not, but his foot was over the line...
I haz reef tanks.