New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

75 gal planted angel fish tank

Started by Antlese, November 23, 2014, 10:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antlese

Just planted it a little. No fish yet. Waiting for it to cycle.

exv152

Nice start. What kind of substrate are you using in the corners?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

nice start indeed .
What are your long term goals for the tank?
How are you cycling ?
Thanks for sharing

Antlese

Quote from: exv152 on November 24, 2014, 08:35:16 AM
Nice start. What kind of substrate are you using in the corners?

In the corners I have 2 to 4 inches of Flourite Black covered with 1 inch of Tahitian Moon sand.
The center section is Carib Sea very fine white sand.

The white and black is separated by petrified wood. I wonder how long before the two colors mix together??   :D

Antlese

Quote from: charlie on November 24, 2014, 10:31:56 AM
nice start indeed .
What are your long term goals for the tank?
How are you cycling ?
Thanks for sharing

I wanted a "Dutch Style" heavily planted tank with some colorful plants. I also like the river effect. So I decided to try to combine these 2 together.

Once its cycled I will stock it with some of my favorite fish: 4 or 5 nice Angels ( I like Koi angels), A handful of Cory cats ( hopefully they will love the soft white sand area), maybe 5 or 6 Congo tetras (never kept these before), and maybe a handful of silver hatchet fish.

Doing fishless cycling. Throwing in a flake of food each morning. And have some filter floss from an established filter in my new filters.

charlie

Quote from: Antlese on November 24, 2014, 03:30:40 PM
I wanted a "Dutch Style" heavily planted tank with some colorful plants. I also like the river effect. So I decided to try to combine these 2 together.

Once its cycled I will stock it with some of my favorite fish: 4 or 5 nice Angels ( I like Koi angels), A handful of Cory cats ( hopefully they will love the soft white sand area), maybe 5 or 6 Congo tetras (never kept these before), and maybe a handful of silver hatchet fish.

Doing fishless cycling. Throwing in a flake of food each morning. And have some filter floss from an established filter in my new filters.
Nice , keep us posted.
Regards

angelcraze

You have to tell me where you got that wood...it is awesome for an angel tank.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

Antlese

Quote from: angelcraze on November 27, 2014, 08:59:59 PM
You have to tell me where you got that wood...it is awesome for an angel tank.

These are a couple of nice pieces that I picked up over the last year. One at Big Als East, the other at Critter Jungle. I have tied some java moss to them. First time growing moss for me.

angelcraze

It's manzanita?  I thought it looked darker, may be the pic.  Anyhow, it looks good.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

charlie

Quote from: angelcraze on December 03, 2014, 08:58:14 PM
It's manzanita?  I thought it looked darker, may be the pic.  Anyhow, it looks good.
I think it`s redmoor wood, which is more common in our LFS.
Regards

Antlese

I guess it could be redmoor wood. I honestly don't know.
Here are a couple of closer pics of the wood. I've attached moss to it and last night I put some anubias in the branches and crevices of the wood.

Antlese

Wow..my phone pictures didn't turn out that nice once I uploaded them... Sorry for the poor quality.

Stussi613

Quote from: Antlese on December 07, 2014, 07:44:55 PM
Wow..my phone pictures didn't turn out that nice once I uploaded them... Sorry for the poor quality.

I always host them on photobucket then link them here...that way they get sized properly and they don't end up looking fuzzy and pixelated (the OVAS forum software is ancient so it doesn't handle pictures that well).
I haz reef tanks.

bitterman

Quote from: Stussi613 on December 15, 2014, 05:11:58 PM
I always host them on photobucket then link them here...that way they get sized properly and they don't end up looking fuzzy and pixelated (the OVAS forum software is ancient so it doesn't handle pictures that well).

++++++++1

Antlese

Quote from: Stussi613 on December 15, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Thanks for the tip. Will give that a try.