New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Viewing Gallery

Started by limmer, November 27, 2014, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limmer

Hi,
Posted some pictures on Pet Expo.
GotFish says they are not allowed to view.
Not sure what the problem is?

groupie02

This problem has been reported by a couple of our moderators last week. Not sure what changed if anything. Wanted to discuss with Michel but didn't have time.

lucius

Maybe the members who can't view the pictures can advise you what they are using?  ex - Windows PC, Mac, tablet, etc....

groupie02

Quote from: lucius on November 27, 2014, 10:43:04 AM
Maybe the members who can't view the pictures can advise you what they are using?  ex - Windows PC, Mac, tablet, etc....

Good point. Also, a link to the gallery in question never hurts.

exv152

Quote from: groupie02 on November 27, 2014, 10:45:50 AM
Good point. Also, a link to the gallery in question never hurts.

Whatever you did since this post worked. I now have access to all the galleries. I didn't even have access to my own gallery previously. I'm using windows 7 on a PC.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

bitterman

Quote from: exv152 on November 27, 2014, 12:01:22 PM
Whatever you did since this post worked. I now have access to all the galleries. I didn't even have access to my own gallery previously. I'm using windows 7 on a PC.

You account permission/group was modified. You were not a member of OVAS Club Members and should have been.

Regards,
    Bruce

SlyAngel

This was a little mistake, sorry for the inconvenience.  :)
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

sas

I was affected as well but back to normal now.

limed

I am the new membership chair and didn't know who get a free membership.
I will get things cleared up . need to find out if Moderators and other non-exc get
an membership.  Sorry for the inconvenience

Ed

bitterman

Quote from: limed on November 27, 2014, 02:37:44 PM
I will get things cleared up . need to find out if Moderators and other non-exc get

Ed

As I said when I gave you the one on one time showing you the setup and membership details. It was upto the exec if the moderators get a free membership or not (And that you would have to ask about it). In the past they have had free memberships. There were also some issues for example Richard was stripped of all permissions and he is a Sponsor. I fixed that up also.

Because I was not sure I actually paid for my membership to support the club regardless this year even though I am still moderating.

Bruce

limed

If Moderator get free memberships then you will get your refund. No one let me know
who get the free memberships. It will not take long to figure it out, just need Andre to let me know.
For the sponsor I will have to go though and figure out who's who.

Ed

exv152

Just my two cents, but moderating would be a bit of a challenge if full system access to view photos / galleries etc., is removed.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sas

Quote from: exv152 on November 27, 2014, 03:24:05 PM
Just my two cents, but moderating would be a bit of a challenge if full system access to view photos / galleries etc., is removed.

It would indeed.
I didn't realize Bruce you were moderating now?

bitterman

Quote from: limed on November 27, 2014, 03:01:01 PM
If Moderator get free memberships then you will get your refund. No one let me know
who get the free memberships. It will not take long to figure it out, just need Andre to let me know.
For the sponsor I will have to go though and figure out who's who.

Ed

Ed,  No need for a refund. I support the club as I always have. The small fee of $20 goes to many great things. The AIDs Tank, Aquamania, Club meetings food etc.

Bruce

bitterman

Quote from: sas on November 27, 2014, 03:37:03 PM
It would indeed.
I didn't realize Bruce you were moderating now?

Yes I am still moderating... Just have limited time I can take during the day so if I see something and at work I flag it but can't always take care of it.

Bruce

SlyAngel

Quote from: limed on November 27, 2014, 02:37:44 PM

Ed
Ed, don't worry about it, like they say it's a learning curve and you are doing a great job. Give yourself a chance!
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

ajm1961

Mods get free membership - no question!

I didn't know however that galleries were limited to club members - will check into that
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

Quote from: ajm1961 on November 27, 2014, 09:46:44 PM
Mods get free membership - no question!

I didn't know however that galleries were limited to club members - will check into that

Galleries are for club members only. However I someone will have to confirm, but it appears "Forum User" giver people permissions to look at galleries. At least wiht the test today Groopie and I did.

And Ed your doing a great job keep it up. To me it refreshing not to have to mail out cards every couple days and then to have the frustration of Canada post loosing them and having to resend....

Bruce