New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Licorice Gourami Breeding

Started by mm, December 06, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mm

My Licorice Gourami fry just became free swimming and the parents are back at it!  :) Not sure how many of the fry will survive as I am keeping them in the breeding tank. There is plenty of leaf litter that I hope will help. I was just able to collect 3 (they're quick!) and put them in a hang-on breeding box.

Here are some pictures. I am not sure if you can see the fry by the leaf. I will try to get better pictures of the fry later. The parents just went into the cave and are breeding again.

If you can identify what type of Parosphromenus these are please let me know.

sas

Congratulations this is wonderful!
Thanks for posting pics.
I have no idea what Parosphromenus these are but I'm sure someone
who does will chime in soon.

Shawn84

From pic 4 and 5 I say they are the "deissneri" type
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

mm

In the parosphromenus project they suggest it might be a p. Sp. 'Blue line'. It does look like that.

http://parosphromenus-project.org/en/blue-line.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charlie

mm

daworldisblack

Wow, thats pretty awesome! Congrats!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

mm

mm

At approximately 25 days after hatching.

mm

Starting to develop their stripes and some iridescence on the dorsal fin. Around 1cm.

mm

At 38 days they look like miniature Paros.

mm

At 9 weeks they are fully developed.

lucius

mm

charlie

ajm1961

Quote from: charlie on March 21, 2015, 10:55:45 AM
Should really consider
http://ovas.ca/ovas/bap-ahap/bap-faq
The BAP program in this club is not currently active. This program and its position was removed because of a lack of volunteers just to keep basic club functions. Next year's executive can look at reviving it. All are invited to think about how they want to get involved and keep the club running. Elections are May 25th.

Now, back to the topic at hand: love the pics of your Licorice gouramis. Keep us posted on the development of your fry!  :)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 21, 2015, 11:27:47 AM
The BAP program in this club is not currently active. This program and its position was removed because of a lack of volunteers just to keep basic club functions. Next year's executive can look at reviving it. All are invited to think about how they want to get involved and keep the club running. Elections are May 25th.

Now, back to the topic at hand: love the pics of your Licorice gouramis. Keep us posted on the development of your fry!  :)
Might a be a good idea to remove that from the club`s site -No?

ajm1961

Agreed - if anyone else finds inaccurate or outdated information on the site, please post it in the Website Discussions board:

http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?board=9.0
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

mm

One year later and the second generation of licorice gouramis is here! I am very excited!

There seems to be a seasonal pattern to their breeding.

Jellyanne

Congrats on your second generation!
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!