New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What is this lump on my congo?

Started by Mishtay, January 22, 2015, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishtay

Can anyone please help tell me what this lump is growing on my poor CT? I can't treat it if I can't figure out what it is. HELP!!!

Mishtay

Could it be Lymphocystis? I really need help figuring out what this could be... anyone?!

Stussi613

I used to find lumps like that on my rummynose tetras, but it never seemed to affect them...
I haz reef tanks.

angelcraze

Looks like Lymphocystis=cauliflower disease.  I believe it is like a cancer, not sure if it's species specific or if it's contagious.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

Mishtay

The lumps have disappeared on their own. All we did with treatment was add aquarium salt to the water. The day we discovered them we added a few tablespoons to the tank, and within 24 hours with lumps had visibly reduced in size by at least half. By the 72 hour mark the lumps were completely gone.

I am fairly confident it is Lymphocystis. It was left pretty well untreated apart from the salt, and went away on it's own. Anything parasitic or fungal would not have gone away untreated.

I don't have any previous experience with dealing with Lymphocyctis, but from what I have researched, it is not usually fatal, nor is it contagious, or cancerous. Warts can stay for days to weeks or longer but usually go away on their own. Ususally appears on specific species of fish, but isn't biased. If you discover your fish with symptoms of Lymphcyctis, watch them closely, symptoms of Lymphocyctis can closely match 4 or 5 other very serious diseases that are not commonly known. I am looking for the link I was reading that explained the minor differences in symptoms to post for further information.