New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

65 gallon angel tank +

Started by dobergoat, January 24, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Quote from: dobergoat on January 31, 2015, 10:39:54 AM
But I do agree the branches are to busy, it's not balenced there is to much sticking out and not enough in the water to balence it. I'll take one bunch out and then see how it looks. Maybe trim it back a bit - scared that I'll mess it up!

I wonder if having one in the tank, and one out will balence more... I have another big piece of wood that is suppose to be added to the base of the other one to make it look more like tree roots.

There one thing I would point out, when doing driftwood that comes out of the tank, and even from the example photos you provided, you'll notice that the majority of the wood is still under water. It's not an equal balance of half in and half out, because even then it's too visually distracting to see that much wood outside the tank. It's more like an 80/20 distribution of wood inside vs outside. This helps draw the eye back to the tank itself. I really like the top example pic in this shot...
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

dobergoat

So tank is doing okay. Rotella is out of control, I need to decide what I'm doing with that...and the Guppy's that were hanging out in there are impossible to catch now! I got most out not sure how I will catch the rest! They need to get out!

Otherwise sitting and waiting as plants grow. I need some more just don't know what or where to put them :)

Sorry about the photo bombing angles, there always in the way! And yes the branches are still sticking out

I have alot of tannins still.

dobergoat

Got Fish?

charlie

Thanks for sharing, some progress is evident.

dobergoat

thanks, the white sand is driving me nuts, everything just sits ontop. Need to do something about that.

What are some very dark easy to grow plants? I want dark green plants, everything seems to light in the tank.