New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

February 2015 Picture of the Month

Started by ajm1961, February 02, 2015, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

The theme for this month's contest is in keeping with Valentine's Day/Family Day: show us your or your family's favorite (loved) item in your tank, or for those who have more than one tank - your favorite set-up!
And let us what you like most about it in your photo description.

As with previous POTM, the winner will win a year's OVAS membership, or a $10 gift certificate to the sponsor or their choice if they are already a paid member.

The winning picture will be featured on the OVAS.ca landing page and on the OVAS Facebook page.

Look forward to your entries.
Share the passion!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

Got Fish?

Graham

Out of 6 tanks running in my household. This is one of my favorite fish overall. I bred my Ob peacock a couple times and because of this, have a lot of fry and juveniles. Out of 60+ fish this male Ob in the attached photo is the only one with this much stunning color and finage. He was showing colors at a 1/4" which as very surprising to me as his brothers and sisters were all still gray with little to no color. My family loves this fish and they've made me promise not to trade or sell this guy away.

ajm1961

Nice looking peacock! Thanks for sharing your story!

George2

I love my One-Lined Pencilfish!  :)  It has several interesting and unique characteristics: In the dark, its horizontal line turns into multiple vertical lines. (Sort of like how a chameleon's colours change to match its environment). It also moves around at a 45 degree angle by fluttering its fins like a hummingbird.

This is one of my favourite pictures of it because of the pretty red/orange reflection of the Rotala Macrandra plant on the surface of the water.

charlie

lucius

Quote from: charlie on February 09, 2015, 09:38:19 AM
Nice healthy Macrandra George

Contest is over, better move on to March now.  ;D

wayn496

She/He is my Favorite.  My family loves her as well.  She has survived the past 4 years.  Moving the tank several times, a bad purchase that resulted in the loss of almost every fish in the tank, and yet she is still kicking :)  Dori is my center piece and we love watching her when the food hits the water.  She is like a bloody freight train, no one stands in her way lol.

Holly

My Emperor Tetras are one of my favourites. They are always curious as to what you are doing. You have to be cautious when putting your arm in the aquarium because apparently freckles look delicious.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on February 09, 2015, 03:55:02 PM
Contest is over, better move on to March now.  ;D
Wake up Brian we are now half way through Feb. this contest is for the month of Feb. ;D :P

Stussi613

Quote from: charlie on February 13, 2015, 08:26:38 PM
Wake up Brian we are now half way through Feb. this contest is for the month of Feb. ;D :P

I think he was saying that plant looks so awesome that it's going to be the winner :)
I haz reef tanks.

charlie

Quote from: Stussi613 on February 13, 2015, 08:45:14 PM
I think he was saying that plant looks so awesome that it's going to be the winner :)
Ahh , got you :-[

George2

Why are some pictures showing up as full-size in the post, while others are icons/attachments that have to be clicked to view as full size? i.e. How do you post a picture inline, instead of as an attachment?

Stussi613

Quote from: George2 on February 14, 2015, 11:13:53 AM
Why are some pictures showing up as full-size in the post, while others are icons/attachments that have to be clicked to view as full size? i.e. How do you post a picture inline, instead of as an attachment?

The ones that show online are hosted on a 3rd party site like Photo bucket and linked into the post.  There's a sticky somewhere that lists options for posting pictures.
I haz reef tanks.

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

ajm1961

Some nice entries this month - thanks to everyone so far for sharing your pics and stories.

Anyone else? One more week to go, don't be shy!

Happy Friday Ovasians!  8)

zolta

65 gal tall planted

ajm1961

We have some nice entries!
Anyone else?
Last day to post is Saturday, February 28th.
This frigid month is finally coming to a close - hoping for spring weather soon!!

limed

Albino BN making out, laying eggs in the cave

Ed

bitterman

My son wanted this in our tank at home to catch many more times

bergenm

We love the backyard pond for its beauty, how relaxing it is, and for all the wildlife it attracts...
Michael