New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello from the East End!

Started by Ron McKay, February 08, 2015, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron McKay

Was out of fish for a while but used to be the club president about 40 years back!  Now have 4 tanks set up again.  76G - 55G - 40G - and a 20G for young.  All African cichled tanks for now.

Just saying Hello!

charlie

Welcome back to the club & the Hobby.

sanny

Welcome back to the club. I'm a huge fan of African cichlids too.

ajm1961

Fantastic! Love the tanks, being a cichlaholic myself!
Don't be shy - feel free to post more pics!
And thanks for sharing the wall of old-time badges from various clubs.
Great stuff!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Lexx

robt18

Nice to see you again Ron. Hope to see you at meetings and Aqua Mania this year!

Ron McKay

Thanks for the kind welcome.  I do hope to make it out to some meetings.

BTW this is Rons son Scott.  He's not PC wise so I'll be posting for him. He's been wanting me to post pictures and stuff for awhile on here...Just getting around to it!

And he is defiantly a cichlaholic! lol

limmer

Welcome back Ron.
I think I know you, come out to a meeting so I can put a face to your name.
Peter

sas

Hello and welcome back to the club.Thank you so much for posting all the badges, very interesting and not something you get to see nowadays. Looking forward to your posts, I'm sure you have some great stories to tell.

Ron McKay

This is from Scott, Rons son.  - I guess I have already broken the rules by saying I had fish to get rid of in this post. So it got removed and I got PM'd and told of the removal and told to read the club rules.  I found it extremely un welcoming.

I don't think I will be posting for Ron anymore if this forum is that strict and I myself won't be joining the club if this is how it is...

Thanks for the ones who were kind.

SlyAngel

Quote from: Ron McKay on February 18, 2015, 12:48:20 AM
This is from Scott, Rons son.  - I guess I have already broken the rules by saying I had fish to get rid of in this post. So it got removed and I got PM'd and told of the removal and told to read the club rules.  I found it extremely un welcoming.

I don't think I will be posting for Ron anymore if this forum is that strict and I myself won't be joining the club if this is how it is...

Thanks for the ones who were kind.
Hello Scott, I am sorry that you feel offended, the rules applies to everyone even the members. This is the reason PM are sent so the person is not told in front of everyone. The message was sent  to let you know that there are rules on this forum like on any other website and it provides you with the actual link so you can review them if needed. Sorry again that you feel this way and if you change your mind we will be happy to have you in the club.
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

Got Fish?

Scott stay around please we need all the new blood we can get. I think the rules sometimes are a little to tightly controlled as it sometimes is a passing comment with out thinking. I've done it a few times now and find it annoying to get that email. These little breaks in the rules should be over looked in my opinion.

Ron McKay

Hey all, yeah I'll stay around.  Had an extremely horrible day yesterday and thought i'd check the forum before bed.  Was the icing on the cake for me.

I now feel better about it all and I do understand. I just thought it was harsh as the day I had....Ahh Sorry guys.

ajm1961

Quote from: Got Fish? on February 18, 2015, 08:06:37 AM
I think the rules sometimes are a little to tightly controlled as it sometimes is a passing comment with out thinking. I've done it a few times now and find it annoying to get that email. These little breaks in the rules should be over looked in my opinion.
Until the rules are amended, we must be objective. Leaving some people do it and not others is not right. The moderators are doing a good job in enforcing the rules as they were designed. There is nothing personal, and they are trying to be objective. We will continue to look at ways to make the site more amenable, welcoming and enjoyable for everyone while also providing value for those who have laid down their money to become a member.

That being said, I hope Ron and his son continue to contribute to our online community. They have a passion for the hobby and I look forward to seeing more about their lovely cichlid tanks, being a avid fan of these species myself.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Fish_Scotty

Posting some more pics (This is my account, been a lurker for a long time) the Ron account is my dad.

SlyAngel

I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

bitterman