New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Updated 220 gallons in wall tank build

Started by sylvain, February 14, 2015, 01:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvain

Quote from: Mike L on March 24, 2015, 05:59:07 PM
 As for the build I'm envious. I especially like the ink idea. I'm assuming there is no leaching once it's dry. I might try to do this on some old eheim piping I have lying around to see what I get. While the green doesn't overly bother me it would still be great to have my plumbing better hidden.
Maybe I missed it but what are you going to be using for media in the filters as cleaning will be a bit of a pain.
Also what is going in the tank when finished.
Mike

I have put bioballs at the bottom of the filter then about 5-6" of japanese
mat cut perfectly round to fit the canister and the reticulated foam on top
for finer particules. Cleaning will be very easy and shouldn't take more then
30 minutes. I have easy access to the filters, quick disconnect fittings.

The set up is now complete and it is home to heros rotkeil, menausautas and corys i will probably had a few more inhabitants just haven't decided yet on what.
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

sylvain

As you can see, i purchased pvc gutter to make my led canopy

Once the led strips are installed and wiring to the current usa controller is completed, the canopy was hanged from the ceiling just over the tank.

Now i just received and installed the frame around the tank.

I painted the frame to match the mouldings in my basement, so now the project is completed.
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

Al

very nice finishing, Sylvain. It's always the finishing touches that make the difference.
nice job with your led lights and the gutter idea.
have you considered a little bit of greenery to soften and naturalize the look a little.
im looking forward to a visit.
thanks for posting this, it was an excellent build with some great ideas on plumbing and lighting, as well as your stand, etc.
Al

wayn496

The tank looks GREAT!  Now all you need to do is add some salt and a few thousand $$$ in corals and it will be my dream tank  ;D