New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RCS first berried female + Wild type?

Started by Lexx, February 17, 2015, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexx

So last night around 1:00am I noticed one of my females acting strange. Turns out she was laying eggs! So excited!

So quick question, I read that the gestation period is 3-4 weeks. Depending on temperature, My tank runs at 80deg. So am i looking closer to 3 weeks?

Also when i got the Shrimp from Charlie, there were 2 that are more Green coloured. One is really Green, while the other is mostly Green with a tiny bit of Red. Would these be "Wild Type" Neocaridina?

Also the female that is berried is the Dark Green female. Should i expect all Green, or will there be a mix of Red and Green?

Lexx

After looking more at her in the tank, she appears to be more brown then green! Any one have any thoughts or ideas?

bettabreeder

Sorry to come in late but I see that no one responded. Looks to me like a wild cherry. My wild's I got from crossing red rili and cherries aren't that dark but after a couple generations will be.

flyingpancake

With the green shrimp they do not breed true.  You can get brown clear and green with usually about 50% green and 25% each of clear and brownish.