New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Monday Club Meeting: Understanding CO2 in the planted tank

Started by ajm1961, February 19, 2015, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Hey everyone, on Monday night, or own Errol Choo, along with Rah, will be presenting "Understanding CO2 in the planted tank". They will cover what CO2 does, how it helps plant growth, and how to set-up your equipment for success.

For those of you who don't know Errol, he is "Charlie" on our site, or own resident expert on aquatic plants. He has many years experience on the subject. His tanks are a delight to see, as witnessed by his pics on the site.

**UPDATE**
Rah will demonstrate a nano table-top planted tank set up with smaller plant species, moss and perhaps some hardscape. He will incorporate a little bit of plant types (stem, rosette, epiphytes, floaters, etc.) and talk about propagation methods for each and how to subsequently plant them with that in mind. There will also be discussion on livestock selection for those planted nano set-ups.

Don't miss this opportunity to educate yourself on plants for your aquarium. This will be a fun night!

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 7:00 PM AT TOM BROWN ARENA, 2nd FLOOR.
SEE YOU THERE!

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

So who is coming??
I know I'll be there in spades, along with most if not all of the executive.

bitterman

I'm going to attend if work does not get in the way.

Bruce

robt18

I'll be there. Maybe someday I'll learn how to grow a plant.....

robt18

People should bring plants and frags to sell or trade after the presentation  :)

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ajm1961

Great meeting - Errol and Rah, thank you for the presentations - some good information on CO2 and nano plant keeping.
A good turnout at the meeting, as well as at the tavern afterwards!
Look forward to our next meeting, March 24, with Larry Johnson, Swimming with Cichlids.

:P

charlie

It was great to finally make a meeting this season & I sure enjoyed it, including the after meeting  ;).
Was good to see some new faces & the old ones.
Keep on planting guy`s the numbers are growing , all be it not as fast without CO2 :P
Regards

charlie