New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ProMag Ceramic magnets?

Started by wayn496, February 22, 2015, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayn496

Ok so today I went out and bought a pack of Ceramic Magnets from Micheal's Craft store.  They are not coated but figured they are ceramic so they may work.  Has anyone ever used them to mount frags on or to mount a frag rack?  If so how did they hold up?  and did they rust or leach anything into the tank?

I have one I just placed in a cup of tank water where ill let it sit for a few days to see if it rusts.  Just wondering what everyone here thinks about them?

Thanks for the input.

wayn496

Ok so just FYI.  Since no one had any input into these magnets, I decided to test them out myself.  I placed some in a cup of salt water from my tank and let them sit from Feb 22 till today.  I just pulled them out and not a single spec of rust on them.  I am going to let them sit another week or 2 to be sure but so far they look like they will work fine for some home made frag plugs.  They cost me $14.99 for a pack of 52 mags.  enough for 26 frag plugs.