New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

VOTE NOW! February 2015 POTM

Started by ajm1961, March 01, 2015, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Time to vote for the Picture of the Month!
Voting ends March 6th. Good luck everyone!
Here are the entries...

Got Fish?

Graham
Out of 6 tanks running in my household. This is one of my favorite fish overall. I bred my Ob peacock a couple times and because of this, have a lot of fry and juveniles. Out of 60+ fish this male Ob in the attached photo is the only one with this much stunning color and finage. He was showing colors at a 1/4" which as very surprising to me as his brothers and sisters were all still gray with little to no color. My family loves this fish and they've made me promise not to trade or sell this guy away.

George2
I love my One-Lined Pencilfish!  :)  It has several interesting and unique characteristics: In the dark, its horizontal line turns into multiple vertical lines. (Sort of like how a chameleon's colours change to match its environment). It also moves around at a 45 degree angle by fluttering its fins like a hummingbird. This is one of my favourite pictures of it because of the pretty red/orange reflection of the Rotala Macrandra plant on the surface of the water.

wayn496
She/He is my Favorite.  My family loves her as well.  She has survived the past 4 years.  Moving the tank several times, a bad purchase that resulted in the loss of almost every fish in the tank, and yet she is still kicking Smiley  Dori is my center piece and we love watching her when the food hits the water.  She is like a bloody freight train, no one stands in her way lol.

Holly
My Emperor Tetras are one of my favourites. They are always curious as to what you are doing. You have to be cautious when putting your arm in the aquarium because apparently freckles look delicious.

Fischkopp
Valentine's fish.

Zolta
my tiger lotus bloomed the other day

limed
Albino BN making out, laying eggs in the cave

Bitterman
My son wanted this in our tank at home to catch many more times

Bergenm
We love the backyard pond for its beauty, how relaxing it is, and for all the wildlife it attracts...
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

SlyAngel

It was so hard to vote.....all the pictures were great!

I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

ajm1961

This is a really close race to the finish! Will one winner emerge?
Two more days to vote, make yours count!

ajm1961

It came right down to the wire! It looked like a three-way tie going into the last few days of voting, but one winner did finally emerge: Zolta has taken this month's Picture of the Month award for the beautiful Tiger Lotus bloom.

CONGRATULATIONS ZOLTA!

Our winner will get an OVAS membership, good until the end of the season (Sept. 30). His picture will also be featured on our home page and Facebook page.

We had a crop of excellent pictures this month and we thank each participant for taking the time to share their photo and their story.

The POTM for March will be up shortly - hope to see another great group of pics.
Happy Friday everyone!!

Got Fish?

Good job Keith. It was a close one..................... ;D