New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers needed for Giant Auction!

Started by fischkopp, March 05, 2015, 11:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Hi fellow fish nuts!

Sadly, we are not able to invite you for the Aquamania this year. We will, however, have our long year staple: the OVAS Annual Giant Auction.

Preparation are well on the way, but we need your help to make the day a success. Like every year we are call out to members and friends of the club to step up and volunteer.

At the auction day we need people for the following tasks:

• Auctioneer - you will be at the center of the action, presenting the item and calling the bids. Latin language skills and a certain knowledge of aquaria are great asset, but if you are cool, open and communicative you will do just as good of a job
  • Runner - you are the backbone of each auction, keep items moving to auctioneer and buyer. It's an healthy alternative to sitting in the audience for a whole day. It's you who keep the day go smoothly.
  • Raffle - you will be promoting raffle ticket sales. People will come to you. Being loud always helps to draw the attention to you. Or you jump on the tables - we leave that to your comfort.

Please contact me or indicate in this thread if you would like to participate for any of these actives.

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

ajm1961

Count me in for Auctioneer - and I have my Shark hat to boot!
:P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Dxpert

I'm happy to help as a Runner for some of the day.

ajm1961

Anyone else willing to help?
Lots of openings! ;D

bitterman

As always I will help.

Bruce

fishmonger

Apologies, I must withdraw my offer to assist. No one responded to it anyways so perhaps I wasn't needed. Hope it goes well.

wolfiewill

Geez, that corresponds to our return from the AGA convention. I'd love to help but......
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

fischkopp

Thank you for every one who volunteered so far. I will be in touch.

We could use a bit help though.
If you plan to come to the auction, step up and help us run it smoothly!

Thanks!
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

exv152

Too bad it's that weekend. Wolfiewill, daworldisblack and I will be hanging out with Tom Barr & George Farmer  ;) at the biggest aquatic plant convention in North America, can't wait.....
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Helping out with the Auction was real fun last year and definitely would have done it again if I could this year! If you can, please sign up - it's fun getting tongue-tied pronouncing scientific names of fishes and plants :p Plus you get to see the goods right in your hand and bid on it too! Win!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

fischkopp

You guys are excused. :P Have fun at the convention!

Hope there are others that can join in to help.
my fish suck

robt18

ajm1961

Hope some people will be available as runners, otherwise it will be a slooooow auction...
Anyone willing to help with that?