New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Good fish stores in the GTA?

Started by bettabreeder, March 20, 2015, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettabreeder

I'll be in the GTA this weekend. Any recommendations where to stop if I have time? I'll be mostly in Etobicoke and traveling to Burlington tomorrow.

Herstead

http://www.aquatickingdom.ca/contactus.php This is our fav. in the GTA. Has huge selection of fresh and salt water. They had a bunch of fresh water stingrays last time we were there.

There is a Big Al's right by it as well as a smaller fish store right beside it in the strip mall called the Dragon something. It almost looks like they are one store from outside. 

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

wolfiewill

Kennedy Road has all the good stores: BAs, AI, and Luckys. Shrimp Fever isn't far from this area either.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

fish finatic

Finatics has an amazing selection of gorgeous African and South American cichlids and also a nice selection of little tropical fish and specialty plecos. No salt water fish though.  The owner mike is more than happy to ansewer questions and help you find what you are looking for.