New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Betta Macrostoma

Started by missavgp, March 29, 2015, 09:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missavgp

Hi all! I wanted to share the first pictures of my 8 betta macrostoma juvies. They are only 4 months old so are not sexable or have adult colouring, but they do have lots of personality! The last picture is the father. He and the mother were a wild caught pair.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

daworldisblack

Congrats on the new acquisition! Excited for you to breed these! The old man looks like a grouch! :p
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

missavgp

Thanks. I'm pretty excited to have gotten them. And he does doesn't he?  :) They are a beautiful fish, big though. I guess daddy is around 4-4.5 inches long

missavgp

On another note, the fish room of the guy I got them from is INCREDIBLE. And for the cichlid lovers he had so many rare breeds it was beautiful to behold (I don't know cichlids well to be fair, but I recognized the names from reading threads as ones people have been looking for). Regardless they were lovely fish and many have or are spawning for him regularly. I think he is planning on coming to the giant auction, but am not 100% sure. He also had some amazing angel fry, several other species of wild betta and breeds some beautiful plecos as well. It took me an hour and a half to see all the fish he had in the room.

daworldisblack

Where is he located? Maybe we should get him on the forum  ;D
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

missavgp

I'll ask him if he wants to. He's in Montreal.

Quote from: daworldisblack on March 30, 2015, 01:55:21 PM
Where is he located? Maybe we should get him on the forum  ;D

Mike L

Us cichlid lovers are always looking for a source of rare cichlids. Would love to have the contact info.
Mike

Lexx

Congrats on the new Betta's.

missavgp

Just wanted to update. I have my first two males identified as they develop the spot on their dorsal fin.  :)
They are 5 months old tomorrow and have grown half an inch since I got them two weeks ago.

bettabreeder

Exciting! They are an awesome fish!

missavgp

Here are some updated pics. I have moved them to a larger tank and they settled in very well. Please excuse the BG algae, have been having issues with it (among other things, too much light).