New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tropica

Started by Richard, April 01, 2015, 08:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I will be posting a Tropica order over the weekend. I f you are looking for anything from their plant list please don't hesitate to contact me
Many thanks
Richard

Got Fish?

Nice one rich. Hope you have better luck.  ;)

lucius

Boo, I can't access the Tropica website for some reason.  ???

charlie

Quote from: lucius on April 01, 2015, 10:31:46 PM
Boo, I can't access the Tropica website for some reason.  ???
No trouble here
http://tropica.com/en

lucius

vic622

It pops an ERROR 404 msg - It seems to me that they had issues last time I tried to get on their site, too :(
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

lucius

Quote from: vic622 on April 02, 2015, 06:42:35 PM
It pops an ERROR 404 msg - It seems to me that they had issues last time I tried to get on their site, too :(

Really weird.  I was able to access the link above at work earlier today and now at home, same error message as you.

lucius

It seems to be working now.

101DalmatianMollies

Hi there, is there still a chance to order? Or has that passed? Thanks!

lucius

Thanks for the Tropica order.  And thanks for Got Fish? for letting me pick them up at your shop.  8)

charlie

Quote from: lucius on April 18, 2015, 07:00:46 PM
Thanks for the Tropica order.  And thanks for Got Fish? for letting me pick them up at your shop.  8)
Thanks Richard, David & Brian.
Richard perhaps one nice weekend a few plantaholics can have a look see  ;)
Errol

Richard

Errol, and other plantoholics,

Excellent idea! We are currently inundated with the pond season stuff, but the tropicals are growing bananas.
I have another shipment arriving this week from the US that will need processing along with some tropica TC that we still have to deal with, so may be mid to late June. We will still be in the throws of the pond season and the outdoor stuff will be flourishing then. We've always got a good selection of pond fish on hand too.

Let me know if you want the next plantoholics meet out here.

Dxpert

That would be great!!! I've always been interested in ponds also. When does a weekend this month work for you?

Richard

We are open every Saturday through June, how does the 27th work for people. Or a dedicated day to the plantoholics, Saturday 4th July?
Let you guys decide.

wolfiewill

Quote from: Richard on June 06, 2015, 05:21:32 PM
We are open every Saturday through June, how does the 27th work for people. Or a dedicated day to the plantoholics, Saturday 4th July?
Let you guys decide.

A Plantaholics get together would be welcome. And Richard's green houses would be an excellent place to have one. Richard, many may not know about your location. Can you let the forum know a bit about it? Pictures? A description of the location, perhaps?

Sorry Richard. I just looked at all your recent posts. Looks like you covered everything. Cheers
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

Saturday July 4th works for me... :)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Dxpert

July 4th also works for me.

Holly

I'm in for the 4th.

wolfiewill

I certainly would be there if I'm in the country, but it looks like July 4th will coincide with my next trip states side.... hmmmm... isnt' that a special day in the US? Driving could be a problem there, eh.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Richard

Will save you a cup cake with star spangled banner Greg

wolfiewill

lucius

Me in.  What time?

zolta

I would like to join in if there is room.
65 gal tall planted

Richard

OK guys, next Saturday 4th July it is then. I'll open the greenhouses again for another day also.
I suggest a dedicated time of 1PM to 5PM for you plantoholics, that good for you?
For those of you who are not familiar with our location, we are off exit 169 on highway 417 approximately 20 minutes or so west of the city.
Google map available on the website.

Look forward to seeing you all,
regards
Richard

charlie

missavgp

wish I could come but I'm out of the province
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

charlie

Just discovered I was previously booked elsewhere, & won`t be able to attend - sucks

vic622

Is this a closed Plantaholics get together, or are all welcome?
I'd be interested in joining y'all!

Vic
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

charlie

Quote from: vic622 on June 29, 2015, 08:55:56 PM
Is this a closed Plantaholics get together, or are all welcome?
I'd be interested in joining y'all!

Vic
Hey Vic , the plantaholics gathering is always an open to anyone with an interest in planted aquariums, feel free to meet the guys & gals  :) & share in our passion.

vic622

Quote from: charlie on June 29, 2015, 09:12:05 PM
Hey Vic , the plantaholics gathering is always an open to anyone with an interest in planted aquariums, feel free to meet the guys & gals  :) & share in our passion.
Looking forward to it!
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

lucius

I have some staurogyne repens (has algae on it though), lindernia india and limnophila aromitica trimmings available.  Let me know by tomorrow night and I will bring them Saturday.

exv152

Quote from: lucius on July 02, 2015, 10:35:09 AM
I have some staurogyne repens (has algae on it though), lindernia india and limnophila aromitica trimmings available.  Let me know by tomorrow night and I will bring them Saturday.

If you can toss me a stem of limnophila aromitica, that would be great.  :)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

vic622

Quote from: lucius on July 02, 2015, 10:35:09 AM
I'd appreciate a few stems of each, too!
Was looking for a round leaf stem plant, and the "india" might fill the ticket & one can never have enough "aromatica" :)
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

lucius

Quote from: exv152 on July 02, 2015, 12:04:29 PM
If you can toss me a stem of limnophila aromitica, that would be great.  :)

Quote from: vic622 on July 02, 2015, 04:24:54 PM
I'd appreciate a few stems of each, too!
Was looking for a round leaf stem plant, and the "india" might fill the ticket & one can never have enough "aromatica" :)

They are yours.  The lindernia india has a pleasant smell too them especially when they are trimmed.

lucius

Thanks Richard for having us out.  8)

exv152

For anyone thinking of getting pond or aquarium plants, Richard's should definitely figure at the top of your list.

Richard, thanks for hosting the plantaholics today, I had a great afternoon.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

vic622

Okay, I'm an idiot - I wrote it down in my calendar as Sunday, not Saturday :(
Arrrrrggggghhhhh!
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

zolta

Quote from: exv152 on July 04, 2015, 11:59:18 PM
For anyone thinking of getting pond or aquarium plants, Richard's should definitely figure at the top of your list.

Richard, thanks for hosting the plantaholics today, I had a great afternoon.

I did too, Thank you Richard for a really informative and pleasant afternoon
65 gal tall planted

lucius

He's having a mid-summer sale on Saturday, July 25th if you couldn't make it this past weekend.

http://www.pondsandaquaria.ca/

exv152

Quote from: lucius on July 05, 2015, 12:16:22 PM
He's having a mid-summer sale on Saturday, July 25th if you couldn't make it this past weekend.

http://www.pondsandaquaria.ca/

Also thanks Brian for the limnophila aromitica. I'm really looking forward to seeing this plant grow in my 125g.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

goldfish

Best plantaholics meeting venue so far. Thanks Richard for the hospitality it was great looking around your place. You guys really did miss out on this awesome tour. I think you should host another later this year (hint hint) and for those still on the fence about this group ....... Join us next time, it's not as dorky as it sounds  :P

TLe041

Was the topic at this meeting strictly about ponds or aquarium plants in general?

If it was the latter, I would have liked to attend.
Tony

lucius

We usually talk about everything, not just planted tanks or fish related. 

charlie

The main focus is on planted tanks, sharing experiences, trouble shooting issues collectively & of course the social aspect in whatever form that goes.
The reason for these get togethers, is to give like minded  hobbyist an opportunity to meet fellow hobbyist as opposed to online monikers , it is open to anyone & not a closed group.
If anyone has an idea of an activity, please do share it & better still lead the way  ;)
Errol

Richard

A belated thank you to all the guys and gals that came out last weekend.
Had a really enjoyable afternoon.

For those that missed out, we will have our last open day of the season on July 25th for our mid summer sale on all pond plants and fish.
Price teaser - hardy Lotus $50
Come out and see our aquarium plant production in operation.

Regards
Richard