New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

APRIL 27th CLUB MEETING

Started by ajm1961, April 15, 2015, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

APRIL 27TH, 7:00 PM, TOM BROWN ARENA 2ND FLOOR
Speaker: Catherine Salmon, President Betta Breeders Canada (link: http://bettabreederscanada.com/)
Topic: Betta Splendens – more than just your kid's pet! Also some information on the upcoming IBC District 6 Show

Catherine is an experienced betta breeder and currently President of Betta Breeders Canada. She has won several shows for her prized bettas, and has sponsored betta show categories in conventions as well. She will share her knowledge and passion with us – invaluable insight for anyone interested in keeping bettas and aquarium fish in general. Catherine will also be bringing some bettas and  betta related items for sale (such as Indian Almond Leaves, small heaters and filters for betta keeping).

Hope to see you there in great numbers!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

missavgp

Really looking forward to this one. :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

charlie

bettabreeder

daworldisblack

Gonna try and make it too! Bettas were my gateway fish into the hobby and first ones I ever bred!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Lexx

Cant wait for this. Hopefully she is able to bring some fish. Ive been holding off on getting a Betta for this meeting!

ajm1961

Update on topic:
Betta Splendens – more than just your kid's pet!
Also some information on the upcoming IBC District 6 Show, which will be part of the CAOAC Convention in May.

Catherine will also be bringing some bettas and some betta related items for sale such as Indian Almond Leaves, small heaters and sponge filters.

Next Monday - April 27th, 7:00 PM, Tom Brown Arena, 2nd floor.

Lexx

Quote from: ajm1961 on April 20, 2015, 10:33:56 AM

Catherine will also be bringing some bettas and some betta related items for sale such as Indian Almond Leaves, small heaters and sponge filters.

Awesome! I'm leaving work early, so i'm not late for this one!

ajm1961

Reminder on the meeting tomorrow! Should be a good one!
See top of thread for details...

lucius

Thanks to Catherine for the Betta presentation.  Next time I'm at an LFS, I will definitely try to take a closer look at the layers and finnage.