New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CAOAC convention

Started by missavgp, April 16, 2015, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missavgp

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is planning on going to the CAOAC convention in Burlington 15-17 May. I am heading there for both the convention and the IBC district 6 betta show.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

daworldisblack

I'm interested in going - just need to confirm dates to commit to it. Maybe should get some carpooling going!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

Like Rah , I`m interested, time permitting.

exv152

Rachel O'Leary is going to be there too, msjinkzd. She has a some really neat nano fish, shrimp, and unusual snails for some really good prices. She mentioned it last weekend at the AGA convention.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

missavgp

I have a schedule for it from Catherine Salmon that she posted on the BBC facebook page:

CAOAC and IBC show set up Friday afternoon and evening.
CAOAC 2015 Convention Speaker Schedule Friday Night: 7:00 – 8:00 Gerald Griffin – SMP Wild Betta Slide Show 8:15 – 9:15 Rachel O'Leary – Freshwater Invertebrates: A Primer
Saturday AM: 8:30 – 9:30 Jae Hovius – 9:45 – 10:45 Gerald Griffin – Betta Genetics 11:00 – 12:00 Bob Fenner - Breeding Marines
Judging of CAOAC and IBC shows. Open to public afterwards.
Saturday PM: 1:30 – 2:30 Ken McKeighen – Pupfish, Marvels of Evolution 2:45 – 3:45 Bob Fenner - Putting up a New Collecting Station in Fiji 4:00 – 5:00 Rachel O'Leary – An Introduction to Asian Hillstream species
Saturday Banquet: Ken McKeighen – The Evolution of the Freshwater Fish
Sunday 8:30 CAOAC general meeting.
10:00-11:00 BBC Betta auction
11:00 - to finish CAOAC auction
11:00 -12:00 IBC judging lecture

And carpooling would be great, I already have my tickets and am going for sure but would like some company for the drive if schedules match up.

missavgp

Hi all, I'm trying to finalize plans for the weekend. I would like to be there for Gerald Griffin's SMP slideshow, so will probably be leaving around noon on Friday. Would anyone like to carpool?

zenins

I hope to see some friends from Ottawa at this fun weekend :)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

bettabreeder

I would love to try and make it down for this as well

ajm1961

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!

To encourage members to attend the conference and represent our club, the OVAS Executive has approved the reimbursement of the cost of attending the speaker portion of the convention - a maximum of $39 per attendee.

You must be a paid OVAS club member and attend the convention to obtain this reimbursement.
Send a copy of your paid registration receipt and proof of attendance to: president[delete this bit 6605f4de5bfbb][insert an at symbol here]ovas[insert a dot here]ca

We reserve the right to limit the number of eligible reimbursements. First come, first served policy
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

missavgp

For anyone looking for a ride, I am planning on leaving Friday 15 May hopefully shortly after 12pm to make it there for the presentations that evening (Gerald Griffin's wild betta slide show in particular) and will be leaving sometime on Sunday afternoon to be home that evening.