New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MAY 25: Speaker and Dinner!!

Started by ajm1961, May 04, 2015, 09:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

SPEAKER:
JESSICA BULLOCK - DWARF CICHLID BASICS (South America/Lake Tanganyika) 7:00 PM after elections

An introduction to the world of dwarf cichlids, covering biotope aquaria, water chemistry, tankmates, and breeding.  An overview of commonly available genera will hopefully illustrate the diversity of dwarf cichlids available in the hobby today.

Jessica has been keeping fish for more than 20 years and joined the Hamilton &District Aquarium Society in 1998. She is currently the club's Newsletter and Exchange Editor (http://hdas.ca/executive). She caught the cichlid bug early after collecting in the Peruvian Amazon as a teenager. Jessica has focused on discus and apistogramma for years and currently keeps primarily with South American and Tanganyikan cichlids.

DINNER - STARTS AT 6:00 PM:
Lazagna, Caesar Salad, Bread, Dessert, Soda, Tea
Members: FREE
Non-members: $5
RSVP: sign-up on this thread (if you hadn't signed the sheet at our last club meeting)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

Hope to see you at this meeting - should be interesting. Saw some awesome apistos at the Giant Auction. I know some of you keep these as well. Jess should have some interesting things to say about this genus as part of her presentation.

Also: don't forget to sign-up for the dinner!

bitterman

I will be attending the dinner.

Regards,
  Bruce

charlie

Shawn84

+1 is she bring any fish up for sale?
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

ajm1961

Quote from: Shawn84 on May 07, 2015, 10:17:10 AM
+1 is she bring any fish up for sale?
I'll ask again - she didn't say last I emailed her.

vic622

What time is dinner?

Okay, please add me as in for dinner ...
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

robt18

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Anja

Damn, that sounds interesting. Not sure I can make it in time for the dinner (Is it at the arena as well?), but I'll definitely try to be there for the presentation.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

ajm1961

Yes, both the dinner and presentation are at Tom Brown Arena, 2nd floor. Dinner at 6:00 (RSVP), elections at 7:00,  and then the speaker.

zolta

65 gal tall planted

tanker

s7even

Yes,
I will attend the meeting.
New member so I won't know for whom  to vote...
But, I can be bought :)

s7even

apuppet

I will be attending the dinner.
planted

james

Hi please sign me up for  the function onona 25also book in Heniz

Thanks

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

ajm1961

So we have 35 people confirmed for dinner Monday. TODAY is your last chance to RSVP!
Sylvie will be preparing home-made LAZAGNA! Mmmm!!

See you all Monday.