New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CAOAC Convention afterward

Started by missavgp, May 18, 2015, 10:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missavgp

Hi all, just wanted to share some of the pictures from the weekend. I was really excited that my betta albimarginata pair came in first in their wild class. Everyone who entered the first IBC betta show held in Canada in 40 years won something for one of their entries.
Had a great time and met some great people, including the president of the IBC Gerald Griffin, his wife Kayla, and Larissa Williams who came from the US to judge the show and give some talks on wild bettas, betta genetics and judging, as well as Rachel Franklin ( got a copy of her book, The 101 best Freshwater Nano Species) and I also got to meet Jessica Bullock as she was there this weekend as well.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

missavgp

Some more pictures of the weekend. I will have to post some pictures of the pair of bettas I got from the auction tomorrow.

daworldisblack

Thanks for the share! Sounds like a great weekend! Congrats on the win as well! Looking forward to those pics of your auction wins ;)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations on your achievement at the show.

Herstead

Congrats on your win and thanks for the photos!

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

missavgp

Thanks everyone, it was a great time.
Here are the halfmoon pair that I picked up at the auction, and a shot of the betta coccina that I got from Menagerie

Shawn84

Nice betta coccina and congrats on the win
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

SlyAngel

Very nice! Congratulation on your winning!
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?