New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Food for thought!

Started by charlie, May 26, 2015, 05:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Here are a few things used on other fish forums, that maybe useful to jump start our forum.
Article of the month award
http://www.canadaquaria.ca/t2267-april-the-canadaquaria-monthly-article-award

Top poster of the month award
http://www.canadaquaria.ca/t1318-top-poster-award-monthly

Forum supporter
http://www.eastcoastaquariumsociety.ca/home.php?pageid=ecassupporter
Nothing to loose

lucius

Unfortunately I can't access those links because I'm not a registered member.  Can you post screen shots?

Lexx

Good lord Errol, are you a member of every aquarium forum on the web? lol. Screenshots would be nice?

charlie

Quote from: Lexx on May 26, 2015, 10:52:27 PM
Good lord Errol, are you a member of every aquarium forum on the web? lol. Screenshots would be nice?
No, only a few  ;) i try not to limit myself to knowledge & 2 of them i was actually invited to  ;).
I`ll try to get screen shots up later, if i can get on another PC ( mine is sick & in hospital  ;D)

charlie

ยป ECAS Supporter

ECAS supporter

Simply put: ECAS members are the life blood of the club.

As we all Know, we all love this club and it's forum.

However, sometimes we want to give back to the club... but maybe a little "Thank-you" in return for the offered support!

After all, the club and forum is completely free to all members.

Lets make this simple.

As an ECAS supporter, you will receive the following:

A Donator emblem

* This snazzy little emblem will go right under your name on the forum. Letting the world know you support ECAS!

Your OWN sub-forum

* You will receive your very own sub-forum! This will be your own forum to showcase your own hobby! Use it as a blog, use it as an area to keep all your personal threads in one place. A fantastic addition to the forum for yourself!! You will also have FULL moderating abilities over your forum!!  (Personal forum rules here).

The donator medal

* Simply put, you get the donator medal! This medal will be showcased under your name.

Additional profile abilities

* Custom forum title! You can set your user title to what ever YOU want. That little title under your forum name, will now will have a custom title while everyone else remains the default of "ECAS member" (Title rules here)

* Your user name will now sparkle! Literally!

* Avatar size increase! Increase your avatar from 150x150 to 150x300!! (wide X high)

* Profile picture size increase! Increase you profile picture from the 150x150 that it currently is, to a monstrous 200X600!! (wide X high)

* Increase your signature banner from 400x68 to an enormous 600x200! (wide X high)

* PM Inbox increase limit from 200 to 500!!

Additional forum abilities

* Can View Who Read a Thread in last 5 days. This means you will now be able to view who has been reading the threads! This is pretty useful when you see a thread has been viewed many times.... but who the heck viewed it? Now you will know!

* Message Tracking: The ability to be know if a PM you have sent has been read or not.

* Invisible mode: Appear offline! No one will know you are on the forum.

Access to "Supporter only"

* Periodically, we will run "Supporter" only contests, giveaways, draws, raffles and more! Only current "Club supporters" will be eligible.
        * Immediate access to any and all future "perks" added to the supporter only subscription.

To obtain these features, it's VERY affordable:

* Club supporter subscription 12 months - $10

Upon purchase:

* Features take effect immediately.
        * Your own forum and donator medal are set up within 24-48 hrs. (usually same day)

Best i can do for now

charlie

Top Poster award:
OP POSTER AWARD : Monthly award as determined by the Mod Team for the highest number of posts by a Canadaquaria member

The Canadaquaria Forum would like to recognize membership contribution and activities which strengthen and build our community. The Mod Team would like to create an ongoing monthly award for a member whose forum activities add to the sense of community, deliver content and facilitate discussion (Mod Team not eligible). Each month the top poster will be recognized by the "Top Poster" Award for the particular month. Retrospectively in June, the top poster is nyleveiam.

Criteria for top poster includes but is not limited to :
1. Number of posts
2. Delivers content
3. Adds to facilitating discussion
4. Adds to sense of community