New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

yellow watchman goby changing colours

Started by fishy friend, July 25, 2015, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishy friend

Hi,
My yellow watchman goby is changing colour. One day he will be bright yellow then he will be very pale grey colour with darker rings, then back to bright yellow. Online all I can find is that it maybe a female or stressed. Anyone have anymore info?
Thank you

fishy friend

Update, he is back to bright yellow and has stopped changing colour. I guess it is normal during the summer months.

DrReefer

I also had a yellow watchman goby that did the same thing ! He would go from a grayish tint to almost transparent and then go back to bright yellow over a span of a few months . I have not made a link from any parameter that could affect him or trigger this color change but It has happened twice in the past that he did so , once at winter and once in the summer time. They are many other threads with a simple google search that explains a few hypothesis on why they do ( food source , aggression from other fish , a need for vitamins , lighting , discoloration at night ) but all those are as stated above ''hypothesis'' and they do not seem to correlate with what I have experienced. They seem to have phases where they change color for no apparent reason, as long as he eats and stays active in the tank I would not to to alarmed :)

Happy Reefing !