New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Upcoming events/meetings?

Started by SAMSKA, July 26, 2015, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAMSKA

Are there any planned events or meetings coming on in August and beyond? The last info I've been able to find was about May, haven't seen anything for June or July. (My Forum Search-Fu is currently in quarantine for losing its colour, getting a bit lethargic and not eating as much as it used to.)

missavgp

The club is off for the summer months and will start back up again in September.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

robt18

Glad to see people interested in summer events! We currently don't hold any, but come September we'll be back into it full swing.

Brine

maybe we could consider having a summer meeting?

robt18

The problem at this point would be finding a speaker, meeting room (nothing is rented for the summer) and getting all of the exec in order quickly and letting all of the members know. Soon enough we'll be planning the garage sale - I'll see if we can make something else happen!

bitterman

I'd like to add we used to do the june BBQ and that was the summer meeting. July and August most people are on vacation so its really hard to get a speaker etc as mentioned. Not to mention attendance was low...

Just because there are not club sanction events doesn't mean someone could organize a meeting like Plantaholics does. Can be as big or small as the organizer wants it to be.

Bruce

lucius

We could always just go out to eat supper somewhere.  Anyone know of any restaurants with a private room?

robt18

Would a weekend or weekday work better? I'll suggest Saturday Aug. 8 or Monday Aug 10 as potential dates. If people like the Monday date we could go to the Carleton Tavern like we do after the club meetings - they're used to the fish talk :P

Note: We are also still short a Program Director for the upcoming season - if you like helping with the planning of events, please don't be afraid to help out!