New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where do you buy a tank?

Started by Mike62, August 12, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike62

This may sound silly, but where in Ottawa would you actually a new drilled tank of 90+ gallons. The only place I can see is Big Als, and they don't have any of their prices or styles listed on their website. Petsmart only goes up to 75 gallons and it isn't drilled, and Pet Valu lists only 55 gallons. None of the small specialty saltwater stores (Aqua Valley, Marinescape) ever had tanks for sale in store, at least in my memory, and that's not surprising since they would take up way too much space. Where would you go, other than Big Al, or do they hold a monopoly on the Ottawa market?
Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

bitterman

Most stores will require you to special order a drilled tank.

-Big Als - Sometimes has stock but my not be what you want. So might have to special order there.
-Got fish/Aqua Valley will order tanks into your specs.
-Marinescape will also order tanks in to your spec.

If you are looking for a tank, sometimes bigger tanks pop up here in the classified system.

Miracles tanks are really nice. My drilled 180 is a Miracles tank. Its very nice!

In some cases like Miracles you might be able to order direct from them? Not sure but might be worth a try.

Bruce