New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Danio fry

Started by soleil1980, August 14, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

Hi,

I tried breeding zabra danios for the first time and to my surprise, it worked.  The fry are on a 5g alone.  Anything else I should do???

The parents are back in their regular home.  The 5g has filtration, barebottom and a few flotting plants and moss balls.
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

mm

Congrats!

Once the fry are fee swimming feed them microworms to start and then baby brine shrimp. I can give you a starting culture of microworms if you need. Feed sparingly not to pollute the water but a few times a day. You can add some more floating plants to keep the water clean.  Sit back and enjoy  :)

101DalmatianMollies

Congrats!!

Are you able to get pictures? It'd be neat to see them!

Also how did you do it? So cool!

bitterman

soleil1980

I didn`t do much...  I cycled a 5g tank, barebottom.  I put a fake plastic plant and a window screen to seperate the tank in two (top and bottom part).  They are egg scatterers and they are very fond of eating their eggs.  Once the female releases her eggs, to male fertilize them.  The screen lets the eggs fall to the bottom of the tank but the fish can`t get through.  I put two females and a male in the tank (or what I was hoping were 2 females!) and 48 hours later I had fry.
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)