New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My ADA 60P Iwagumi

Started by TLe041, August 14, 2015, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLe041

I wanted to move on to a bigger tank from my Mini-M and decided on a 60P. This will be an iwagumi style nature aquarium. The HC and DHG carpet will be grown emersed.

Specs:

• Tank: ADA 60P (17 gallons)
  • Stand: Ikea Stuva
  • Light: ADA Aquasky 601
  • Filter: Eheim 2215 with Cal Aqua Labs Fluxus lily pipes
  • Heater: Hydor ETH 200
  • CO2: Archaea paintball system with in-line diffuser
  • Substrate: ADA Amazonia
  • Fertilizer: Pfertz line
  • Hardscape: ADA Manten stones
  • Flora: HC and Eleocharis acicularis 'mini'
  • Fauna: large school of nano fishes
Full setup

Matching glass cover

Some of the equipment

ADA Manten stones

After scaping

Next step... planting!

Thanks for reading. Questions or comments are welcomed.
Tony

George2

Your setup is awesome! I love the way your stand looks! It fits your tank perfectly. I have almost the identical setup (except for the stand). LOL! I am using a CO2 regulator with a paintball adapter as well. I have two paintball canisters. About every 3-4 months I swap out a canister and get a refill at Canadian Tire. By the way, the Eleocharis acicularis "mini" will grow like a weed with your setup. I have alot of trouble controlling it because it spreads everywhere. It took over my entire aquarium in a matter of a few months. I also have dwarf baby tears and it does very well with your setup as well.

George

George2

I am very interested in the same stand you have. Did the legs come with it, or did you buy them separately? I am not able to find the same stand+legs on the IKEA website.

Do you have any idea how much weight your stand can hold? Is it sturdy? I didn't think something like this would be strong enough to hold an aquarium.

Thanks
George