New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Speakers for the coming year

Started by ajm1961, September 01, 2015, 12:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

As the executive is preparing the season to come, we'd like to get any suggestions and contacts for speakers at our meetings.

Post here on the thread if you have a topic and more importantly a person who could come to one of our meetings and provide a presentation. You can also PM me if you want to provide the person's contact information.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

P.S. we still do not have a Program Manager for this year, so if you're interested in helping out, please PM me or Rob  (Robt18). Thanks!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Brine

Might I suggest Zenins from KWAS? A very knowledgeable and well spoken fish enthusiast.

ajm1961

You're right - actually I approached him last year but couldn't make it - so I'll try him again!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

If he would come Oliver Lucanus would be amazing to see talk again! He is very very busy though.......

Bruce

Al

Oliver would be an excellent speaker, I would second that.
We have a big point in our favour as he lives in Rigaud - and hour and a half drive, not much travel for him, not too disrupting.
What about a speaker from the city, like a hydrologist OR Ottawa River Keeper, that could talk to us about the waters in and around Ottawa, clean-up efforts being done, fish species being recovered, etc.
Al

SlyAngel

We also have very good local people, Charlie has a very good knowledge in plants that he could share with us. If he is available he would be a very good speaker.
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

zenins

Quote from: Brine on September 01, 2015, 05:02:10 PM
Might I suggest Zenins from KWAS? A very knowledgeable and well spoken fish enthusiast.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

I was pressed into service at your AquaMania a few years ago when Stephan Tanner could not make it
because of airplane issues in Chicago.
I was there for the weekend anyways and happened to have my presentation on Loaches with me ;)

I could do my Loaches presentation again, there are some updates,
or I could do one on Beginner's Guide to Photographing Fish in Your Aquarium.

It would have to be in the new year, I will have more vacation days then ... :)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

sidarnold

Hi Zenins. It would be great if we could get you up for a talk in 2016. We will have a better idea next week of what months we are looking for speakers and whether you might be able to help us out. Thanks. Sid Arnold Vice- President.

zenins

Quote from: sidarnold on November 18, 2015, 03:24:59 PM
Hi Zenins. It would be great if we could get you up for a talk in 2016. We will have a better idea next week of what months we are looking for speakers and whether you might be able to help us out. Thanks. Sid Arnold Vice- President.

Send me an email with your open dates next year (April, May and June)
and I will see what fits in my schedule.

Thanks !

Zenin

Zenin

sidarnold

Hi Zenin:

Our dates are:

April 25th
May 23rd

Could you let us know if either of those dates works for you?

Thanks

Sid Arnold
OVAS Vice-President

zenins

Looks like it will be Mar 28 or April 28 (May 23 is Victoria Day Holiday and CAOAC Convention Weekend in London)

So who would like a presentation on "Loaches" ?
Who would like one on "A Beginner's Guide to Photographing Your Aquarium Fish" ?

Zenin