New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

petsmart mixed african cichlids

Started by mysterysnail, September 30, 2015, 12:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysterysnail

Hey all. So I'm still on my never ending quest to find saulosi and acei. I was at petsmart today, and they have the "mixed african cichlids" tank. Any clue how to tell whats un there or is it just crossbreeds and misc. Two of the tinny yellows look like saulosi juvies ive seen pics of so figured worth asking.
(They were yellow with faint bars showing through)

sanny

neon1423

I know I'm really late commenting here, but as an employee of petsmart I can comment here. Our "Assorted Cichlids MD" are random and tend to be based on what our supplier is breeding. Common ones are OB Peacocks and eureka and strawberry peacocks. The "Assorted Cichlids SM" tend to always be Kenyi Cichlicd, and yellow labs, and very rarely do they vary from those.

sanny

Ive gotten a 4" livingstoni cichlid from petsmart before and hes one of the nicest in my show tank. I also have gotten a beautiful rubin red peacock. Its all about luck, Ive seen a baby black acei before in the small mix tanks.